Why become a member? ×

Moon JJ4 *PRICE DROP*
£1150
Margate

jay-syncro

Now £975

Lovely Moon J4 up for grabs. This is an amazing Jazz bass with extremely high build quality as you'd expect from Moon. For the uninitiated these are made in Japan to a very high standard and have been used by the likes of Pino Palladino and Larry Graham. This one is in a great vintage white finish and is totally standard sporting the Moon tuners, bridge and pickups along with a brass nut. It has a VVTT control setup, much like a 60s stack knob jazz but on individual pots. It weighs 4kg and is in great condition with some signs of play wear as you'd expect. There is a small hairline crack in the  lacquer by the base of the neck, but you have to look in the right light to see it (see pics). It comes with a brand new Fender gig bag. 

Collection from Margate or I can box it up if postage is required. 

20230825_103015.jpg

20230825_103032.jpg

20230825_103042.jpg

20230825_103108.jpg

20230825_103021.jpg

20230825_103124.jpg

20230825_103212.jpg

20230827_125634.jpg

20230827_125603.jpg

Edited by jay-syncro
  • Like 15

I saw this on eBay this morning. I’ve never played one so headed to the bass gallery in Camden to try one. Does this have a rosewood or ebony fretboard? I only ask as when I did some research I only saw ebony. This looks like rosewood. I could be wrong. 

bloody lovely bass. The v/v/t/t is GOLD! 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, soulstar89 said:

I saw this on eBay this morning. I’ve never played one so headed to the bass gallery in Camden to try one. Does this have a rosewood or ebony fretboard? I only ask as when I did some research I only saw ebony. This looks like rosewood. I could be wrong. 

bloody lovely bass. The v/v/t/t is GOLD! 

I believe it's a Rosewood board on this one. I've owned and played several Moon basses (including Pino's Larry Graham sig) and they are all incredibly consistent. Seriously great basses! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bubinga5 said:

My dream Jazz bass. Ive played a few. Compare it to my old custom Suhr J4 and I would take the Moon. No doubt. They are that good. GLWTS Jay. 

Do you still have the bass P gave you.?

Agreed, they are awesome. 

Of course, that bass is my prized possession 👌

• Like 1

• jay-syncro changed the title to Moon JJ4 *PRICE DROP*
8 hours ago, jay-syncro said:

are you still hording Moon basses?

Just what you see in my profile pic!…………but always on the look out. I really rate these beauties.

I wish that I was on your side of the channel, otherwise I’d be struggling more than I am from this side.

GLWTS, Jamie

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...