Why become a member? ×

Shipping a double bass

steve_p

Has anybody any experience of shipping a double bass using the carrier DX? I bought one from Gear4Music last week with an expected delivery date of last Thursday. When I contacted DX support on Friday to find out where the bass was I was told that the delivery had been handed over to a subcontractor, and that I should wait for them to contact me regarding delivery. I get the feeling that customer support were just fobbing me off with an excuse to get rid of me.

Should I be concerned that although the tracking information provided by Gear4Music shows that the bass was collected last Tuesday, DX support claims that they did not receive it until last Thursday? I am not happy at the thought of the bass sitting in a warehouse somewhere for a week or so. can anyone comment on the quality of service that DX provides?

On 20/08/2023 at 12:31, SubsonicSimpleton said:

When I bought my first DB from thomann, it arrived strapped to a pallet on the back of a curtainside HGV. Can't comment on how G4M handle this, but I would imagine that it needs to come on a pallet rather than loose in the back of a white van.

This is how mine arrived. It was during covid lockdown and as I watched it unload I had this awful sinking feeling of "what have I done?!" ... if it was so large it needed to come by forklift!