Why become a member? ×

What RWRP wound mean?

RikiB

From Lollar Jazz bass pickups description…

”Featuring vintage output and scatterwound coils for superior tone, the Lollar Jazz Bass style neck pickup offers a full, clear sound. We use RWRP technique for humbucking when combined with the bridge pickup. Wax potted and made with Alnico 5 magnets.”

I was thinking of wiring this bass in series so both pickups act as one humbucker.

what does RWRP mean as it says it’s makes it act like a humbucker?

Anyone know?

11 hours ago, RikiB said:

Ok thanks. Way it was worded I thought I wouldn’t be able to wire in series

To me a Jazz in series is a great sound. I did it myself years ago.

Are going for a push/pull pot to have parallel/series options? I did it that way and it's cool to have the choice but found I just left it in series. Realised even later on that I'm a simple P bass guy though 😄

Have fun!

Yeah I’m more of a P bass guy too but can’t find one in 32” scale that I prefer. I have a Japan JB62-M and an Aerodyne medium scale. I’m trying to get a more P bass sound by running in series.

I have the push/pull to Parallel/series in the Jazz atm but it won’t fit in the Aerodyne as the cavity isn’t as deep to accommodate the depth of the push/pull.

so far I’ve left the switch out all times on the J62M.

Thinking about adding some different pickups in both basses though as read the Japanese pickups aren’t the greatest but the craftsmanship is up there with US basses in my opinion.

6 hours ago, RikiB said:

Thinking about adding some different pickups in both basses though as read the Japanese pickups aren’t the greatest but the craftsmanship is up there with US basses in my opinion.

I think that you mean, "some US basses approach the quality of Japanese Fenders"😇

• Haha 1