Why become a member? ×

2 x Purple Chili, super lightweight 200w 8ohm 1x10" cabs - one tilt back, one box, £200 each - *SOLD*
£400
Chester

I'm selling my Purple Chili two 1x10's mini-stack, made for me about 5 years ago by Mike Walsh of Zoot Bass.  As many will know, Mike offered his own line of cabs a few years back under the Purple Chili banner, and at one time had the UK license for the Fearless/Green Boy cabs, so he knows how to put a great cab together.  There's one tilt-back cab and one box - as you'll see from the photos, the tilt-back sits nicely on top of the square cab to form a great little 400w stack that can be angled so you can hear yourself in tight stage spaces.  The tilt back also has a discrete strip of material (it's not wood, more like a hard, artificial bone-type) attached to the top, which meant I could locate my (TC RH750) amp on it without any risk of it falling off when angled.  Each cab is loaded with a high quality Celestion Neo BN10-200X driver, rated at 200w at 8ohms.  Neither cab has a tweeter.  The sound is nice and full, but punchy and articulate too.  Dimensions are slightly different to compensate for the cut out for the tilt back (see below), but they are the same widths and complement each other perfectly.  They've been used for no more than about 4 or 5 pubs gigs in that time, and have only seen service at (our smoke-free) home other than that, and are in excellent condition.

P2270007

P2280010 P2280011 P2280012 P2280013 P2280014

Dimensions:

Tilt back - 38cm (w) x 37 (d) x 38.5 (h): 7.7kg

Box - 38 (w) x 35 (d) x 36 (h); 6.8kg

The recessed handles combined with light weight make these a very easy carry.  Reason for sale is that I'm clearing the decks ahead of my (hopefully) planned retirement soon and simplifying my set up, as I'm currently bandless and likely to remain so for the foreseeable future.  I've no packaging so can't offer delivery at present but Chester is well connected for trains (it's only one stop from Crewe!) - less than an hour from Manchester and Liverpool, and only a couple from London - and these are so light and manageable they could certainly be carried on the train.  I'll happily pick up and return any would-be purchaser to the station too.

So, there we have it.  These are great quality, 'bespoke' cabs, commissioned as a stack but I'm happy to split also.  Priced to sell at £200 each or £375 for the pair.  Thanks all.

Edited by Bass Culture
  • Like 11

• Bass Culture changed the title to 2 x Purple Chili, super lightweight 200w 8ohm 1x10" cabs - one tilt back, one box, £200 each
  • Bass Culture changed the title to 2 x Purple Chili, super lightweight 200w 8ohm 1x10" cabs - one tilt back, one box, Now SOLD