Why become a member? ×

5 String LAG bass with case - £400 or Trade

nugget

Gorgeous 5 string LAG bass from late 80’s, French hand made – NOT the later Jap version. Near mint, couple of very small marks. Active single coil EMGs. VERY clear precise sound with great tone, two volumes and one tone control.
Narrow string spacing will suit those with smaller hands or changing from 4 string, I’ve always played a very wide neck 5 string and find it a little too narrow.

more pictures available

Edited by nugget

[quote name='geoffbyrne' post='479718' date='May 5 2009, 10:07 AM']Lovely bass - love the colour/finish & I like narrow-spaced 5's.

What value are you putting on it, Nugget?

Geoff[/quote]

Hi Geoff,

It's my only bass and I gig most weeks so I was hoping to swap it so I wouldn't be without a bass and non of my local music shops stock any decent 5 strings! As for value, I'm not sure, don't see many around to gauge it. the build quality and finish is second to none and sounds amazing - open to offers I guess somewhere in the region I can pick up something else reasonable from here

Vauge
Nugget

[quote name='nugget' post='482693' date='May 8 2009, 08:49 AM']Hi - could add some cash to the bass for the right trade...anyone interested??[/quote]

Hi Nugget,
Could you have a guess at a value for it - might encourage people to make some offers.

[quote name='edstraker123' post='483539' date='May 9 2009, 07:57 AM']Did you buy this one off BassBunny last year ?

Ed.[/quote]
Ed, He did indeed.
It is a fantastic Bass. Really easy to play and I actually think the narrow spacing helps, (hasn't hindered Stanley Clark and Mark King to name but 2). The only reason I sold it was to help finance an incoming Bass I had wanted for some time.
Whoever springs for this won't be disappointed and no picture can show how beautiful the bass is in real life.
I can vouch for Dave, he is a great guy to deal with.

Thanks BassBunny -

BassBunny passed the bass on to me at an exceptional price for such a stunning bass, far less than i think its 'worth' which is why I'm nottrying to sell it, just px it. I really appreciate that BB!!

The sound is one of the best I've ever heard (probably THE best) - it's so clear which allows me to wind up the bass eq up on the amp and get a lovely deep tone but still massively clear and cutting tone. I've only gigged it about 10 times but I get so many comments from other bass players and guitarists about the clarrity and depth of the sound. I just can't adjust to the narrow spacing on some of the faster more complicated songs we play so I'm looking for something in exchange thats going to sound great but I don't really care what the value of the replacement bass is and hence dont care (or more importantly know) what the value of the LAG is. I'm open to any offer from cheap bases with upgraded electronics to higher end jazz basses.

As this is such an unusual bass it's hard to put a 'value' on it, the sound, build quality and materials used certainly make it equivalent value to the higher end jasses plus you've got the "wow never seen one of those before" factors....

Already had a couple of good offers but nothing that really floats my boat.

Can delivery as I travel about a bit.

Thanks all
Nugget

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[quote name='nugget' post='551985' date='Jul 26 2009, 07:00 PM']Now got cash price - or trades for a descent head or good quality cab 2x10 or 1x15

Thanks[/quote]

Thanks for the cab offers, I've modified the title to state i need 8ohm cabs, not 4 - sorry wasn't thinking

Ta
Dave

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Darkbass' post='563984' date='Aug 9 2009, 07:43 AM']Cheers from across the pond....5 would love to give this baby a happy home. Do you have a Cash Now Price to Match or beat?

[email protected]

Rawn Randall

N.Y., N.Y. 10027

USA :)[/quote]

You've mailed the wrong bloke, I bought this from nugget & am currently selling it, drop me aline & chat,
cheers.
Chris.

[quote name='giblett123' post='564023' date='Aug 9 2009, 10:27 AM']You've mailed the wrong bloke, I bought this from nugget & am currently selling it, drop me aline & chat,
cheers.
Chris.[/quote]
That explains a lot. I didn't think there could be 2 identical LAG 5's For Sale.

Maybe this should have "sold" in the post...

Edited by BassBunny