Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Ant vs power supply

G-Lo

So, super happy with my Ant, and I have a couple pedals with an eye on a couple more. Some power supplies have a "complimentary outlet". Is there any reason I couldnt power the amp through the power station's outlet? Something like a Cioks Schizofrenic, for instance...

Ta!

On 28/07/2023 at 17:47, G-Lo said:

So, super happy with my Ant, and I have a couple pedals with an eye on a couple more. Some power supplies have a "complimentary outlet". Is there any reason I couldnt power the amp through the power station's outlet? Something like a Cioks Schizofrenic, for instance...

Ta!

Assuming the effects power supply is happy to pass the current needed for the Ant - a couple of amps by the looks of things - you should be fine. I strongly suspect it would.

The Cioks manual isn't too clear about this though, perhaps an email to them might be in order just to dispell any doubt.

It would certainly make for a nice compact set-up.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Chienmortbb said:

One of us is confused. The ANT is mains powered.

Cioks Schizofrenic has a mains out.

It does say it's limited to 2A, which probably is OK, but don't hold me to that.

• Thanks 2