Why become a member? ×

Smallest power bank for HX Stomp please?

owentherozzers

Hi folks, I've been powering an HX Stomp from my 1SPOT CS6 for a while using the red and green adapters. Most gigs I only need the HX and one other 9v pedal. The 1SPOT is great but heavy and a bit overkill for 2 pedals. Does anything smaller and lighter power an HX Stomp and one other 9v pedal? Ideally off a standard IEC cable. Fuel Tank perhaps? 

2 hours ago, 0175westwood29 said:

from looking you need about 900 or so ma so you could try using a current doubler cable from voodoo labs and something like a strymon Ojai...........will give you 1000ma and the adaptor is nice and small the Ojai r300 is super slimline and has the iec plug aswell.

I’ve been doing exactly this with a board that has only an HX Stomp and Darkglass Element on it. It works brilliantly and, from memory, it all fits on/under a Rockboard 2.0.

• Like 1

I found a picture of the top of the board. It’s a Rockboard 2.0 in a 2.1 flight case so the headphones, instrument cable and power adapter fit in too. It’s at my fiancée’s parents at the moment so I can’t photo the underneath, unfortunately.

IMG_1753.thumb.jpeg.f95a0001b05c31bd2629ead905ec2a14.jpeg

By way of disclaimer, my other Ojai R30 is in the classifieds now (as I’ve deconstructed my other boards for the moment).

For two pedals I would use a 2-way daisy chain/splitter with a Joyo zgp adapter on the "other" pedal's daisy chain leg to isolate it.

What powers the daisy chain is up to you:

Regular 1Spot - fine but not IEC

Gigrig generator - light and IEC but expensive

Diago powerstation - cheaper than generator but it's a figure 8 cable rather than IEC