Why become a member? ×

Weird Clicking Noise at gig from amp??

Linus27

Anyone have any thoughts on what this noise might have been at my gig the other day.

Set up my rig which is my bass direct into my pedal board via a cable and then a cable direct into my amp and turned my amp on and it made a fast repeating clicking noise and no noise from my bass. Plugged my bass direct into my amp with a lead and it still did it. Unplugged the bass so just the power cable to the amp and connector from the amp to the speaker and it still made the clicking noise. I then pressed the ground lift button on and turned the amp on again and no clicking. Turned the amp off, pressed the ground lift button off and still no clicking. So not sure if pressing the ground lift on and off was a coincidence or not but I set up as normal with the pedal board and everything was fine for the entire night. Tested it at home the next day and everything was working fine. 

I've played this venue about 10 times with no issues and the only thing different in our entire setup was a new set of lights which was plugged into the same extension bank as I was plugged in to.

Would this be the possible cause, or could it be something else or possibly the amp?

Edited by Linus27

• Linus27 changed the title to Weird Clicking Noise at gig from amp??
8 hours ago, Hellzero said:

Typical switching power supply noise that your new set of lights certainly has.

Always connect your amp and pedal board to its "proprietary" socket with nothing else to it.

Ok excellent, thank you for your help 👍

• Like 1