Why become a member? ×

Godin LG Electric Guitar - *SOLD*
£200
Colne

Here’s a Godin LG twin humbucker guitar. Godin made several versions of this over the years, a couple of humbucker versions, one with P90’s and a couple of flame top ones. This is yer standard humbucker variety.

Mahogany body and neck

Rosewood fingerboard, Godin refer to it as “Ergocut” which I think just means rolled edges

22 frets

16” fingerboard radius 

1 11/16” nut

Volume and Tone controls

5-way switch selects various coil combinations, where A and B are the neck pickup coils and C and D are the bridge:

position 1 - A & B

position 2 - A

position 3 - ABCD

position 4 - D

position 5 - C & D

Functionally it’s in great shape. Everything works as it should, including the truss rod. There is a small amount of fret wear, nothing serious.

Cosmetically it’s in fair condition. There are various very small dings and dongs, scratches etc, again nothing serious. The main issue is that somebody appears to have had a go at refinishing the back of the neck. These guitars come with a satin neck as standard. This one is satin, but there’s glossyness and overspray on the back of the headstock and at the heel. My best guess is that some dingbat didn’t like the satin and sprayed a fairly crap gloss over it, then somebody else came along and sanded it back to satin. Functionally it’s fine, the back of the neck feels nice, but close inspection reveals the dirty deed. See the last two photos in particular.

Also comes with a really nice gig bag. Much better than the current Godin gig bags. Pockets a-go-go, neck support thing etc.

I’m asking £200 for this. I have another one in excellent condition which I paid £320 for. It’s a nice Canadian made guitar for peanuts. With a great gig bag to boot. I can’t see how it could be bettered for 200 beans. Will post at cost, but would much prefer collection.

Regarding postage - I haven’t posted a guitar since pre Covid days and I’m hearing tales of couriers no longer insuring musical instruments. Any advice in this department would be gratefully received. I always used to use UPS via Interparcel.

IMG_0169.jpeg

IMG_0172.jpeg

IMG_0175.jpeg

IMG_0176.jpeg

IMG_0180.jpeg

IMG_0182.jpeg

IMG_0189.jpeg

IMG_0191.jpeg

IMG_0197.jpeg

IMG_0198.jpeg

IMG_0200.jpeg

IMG_0202.jpeg