Why become a member? ×

Pedals to pair with HX Stomp

Mizzle

Hello all,

At some point (probably end of August by the looks of it) I will receive a GX Stomp.

I've got a SA C4 and expression pedal that I'll use with it and got the hub and a DMC 3XL for some midi bits, I'll probably use my Darkglass Hyperluminal and Sonic Research Tuner.

Is there anything else that would complement the stomp (been looking at various pedal boards to get an idea of what might be missing)

You have the Jack out for fs 4 and 5 - so either a fs for that, or use it for an expression pedal. 

The di out uses a TRS to xlr cable, so if you need that one of them - ive my old one kicking around, along with the Cioks current doubler is you need either

the inbuilt tuner is quite good.

when I had mine that was the only pedal I used with an addition foot switch - didn’t need anything else… be prepared to send some time with it and don’t be surprised to use the amp sims and have the gain stupid low.

I find the HX Stomp affects the sound even with everything off, so I run mine via a looper switch so I can take it out of circuit.

I have a Ninjafox 2-button momentary press with a TRS cable to the Stopmp's expression/control jack input, which I have configured to do bank up/down.

I've got a Morningstar MC6 connected to my C4 (via a Neuro interface on the underside of the board), but I've yet to program it.

Brightonion do a footswitch for the Stomp. It's perfect. I know this because I custom ordered a footswitch from him that was specifically designed for my stomp and it became a production model. 

1 hour ago, Jack said:

Brightonion do a footswitch for the Stomp. It's perfect. I know this because I custom ordered a footswitch from him that was specifically designed for my stomp and it became a production model. 

I was chatting with the Bright Onion folks last weekend.

The Ninjafox has the same profile as the Stomp and a light surround to the switches. 

Thank you all for the suggestion so far, I'd imagine I should be able to setup my disaster area DMC3XL a similar way as extra footswitches and be able to get the C4 going as well.

It looks like a massive learning curve but being a bit techy hopefully I'll enjoy the journey.