Why become a member? ×

2002 Musicman Stingray 3-band in Translucent Purple. *Pending* - *SOLD*
£1100
Moreton-in-Marsh

40hz

Hi all!

Here we have my very recently acquired 2002 Musicman Stingray in a not oft seen 'Translucent Purple' finish. Allegedly only 50 made in this colour.

Maple Neck. Ash body. 3-band electronics. Just strung up with DR Pure Blues.

Really disappointed to be selling this as it looks fabulous, sounds even better and is in excellent condition (bar a scratch which the previous owner put on the back, from allegedly trying to open the battery compartment with a screwdriver 😳. However, it was advertised as being 3.5kg in weight and when I got it home, it's 4.6kg (to be fair, a ballpark figure for most of them, pre-specials) - having a severely damaged shoulder, this was not good news. I thought I'd try it out at practice last night just to see, but after an hour my shoulder just flat out gave up - so it has to go, sadly.

All in perfect working order with the Musicman hardcase (also in super condition). Also comes with a mirror scratch plate if that's your bag.

Located in Moreton in Marsh on the Gloucestershire/Warwickshire/Oxfordshire border. *Will not post* however, as previous deals will attest to, I'm happy to drive more or less anywhere for a handover, as long as you're not at the extremities of the country.

It owes me £1100, so this is what I have it up for.

Would consider trades for one of the following (and they HAVE to be sub 4kg examples and in good condition) ;

Warwick Thumb BO4 and cash my way

Warwick Streamer LX5

Warwick Corvette 4/5 + cash my way.

Thank you for looking!

PXL_20230712_071237490.jpg

PXL_20230712_071248692.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

PXL_20230712_071438054.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20230712_071443299.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20230712_071505791.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

PXL_20230712_071511337.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

PXL_20230712_071523231.jpg

PXL_20230712_071552630.PORTRAIT.jpg

Edited by 40hz
  • Like 7

Boils my urine when folk give you a weight in the knowledge that the lighter the better... and they knock a pound or two off to try and make a sale!  

I travelled from Northumberland to S Yorks to meet for a purchase and the 8lb bass (assured it was weighed on digital scales) as I lifted it from the case, it didn't even clear the case lining before I told the seller what I thought of him and his nearly 10lb bass!  I've also bought sight unseen via various platforms over the last maybe 10 - 15 years and I've been stitched up several times and I don't believe for one minute that many of these spurious claims for a light bass are genuine mistakes.  

Fair does that weight is absolutely immaterial to some folk but when you have a bad shoulder/back and you specifically ask for an accurate weight because of this issue, folk need to be honest.  

Lovely bass and I know of one friend at least who is kicking himself that you didn't advertise this when he was visiting down the country.  GLWTS

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, warwickhunt said:

Boils my urine when folk give you a weight in the knowledge that the lighter the better... and they knock a pound or two off to try and make a sale!  

I travelled from Northumberland to S Yorks to meet for a purchase and the 8lb bass (assured it was weighed on digital scales) as I lifted it from the case, it didn't even clear the case lining before I told the seller what I thought of him and his nearly 10lb bass!  I've also bought sight unseen via various platforms over the last maybe 10 - 15 years and I've been stitched up several times and I don't believe for one minute that many of these spurious claims for a light bass are genuine mistakes.  

Fair does that weight is absolutely immaterial to some folk but when you have a bad shoulder/back and you specifically ask for an accurate weight because of this issue, folk need to be honest.  

Lovely bass and I know of one friend at least who is kicking himself that you didn't advertise this when he was visiting down the country.  GLWTS

Here here. It’s an absolutely disgrace that someone would deliberately show a false weight in order to get a sale and hope that the buyer doesn’t notice and/or mind the weight increase. Hugely disappointing & frustrating for the buyer, especially when a waste of a journey and tank of fuel is involved as in your case. Weight is a huge issue if you have back / shoulder problems & people should respect that by giving an accurate weight. 

I’m glad I bought a digital luggage scale to help me sell on here, I pride myself on giving an accurate weight in bass sale listings. Considering they only cost around £15, and of course can be used to weigh luggage too, I don’t think it’s too much to ask of any seller of musical instruments to invest in one. Perhaps it could even be made mandatory on here. . . 

Fair play to the seller here for their honesty, it’s just a shame they themself were let down by another. 

GLWTS for this beautiful bass 

Edited by dmc79
  • Like 2

• 40hz changed the title to 2002 Musicman Stingray 3-band in Translucent Purple. *SOLD*