Why become a member? ×

2011 Immaculate Gold Shuker Jazz. East preamp, Nordstrand jazz & Kent Armstrong soapbar pickup. Now £1000 - *SOLD*
£1200
Wirral

vinorange

Price drop to £1000.

Up for sale is my 2011 Shuker Jazz bass in gold finish in immaculate condition. There are no dings, scratches or blemishes anywhere.

Originally owned by Andy Carr of ABC / Belinda Carlisle fame, the bass was a custom build by Jon back in 2011. I don't think he's made any others like the same as this one.

It has nordstrand noiseless jazz pickup in the neck position and a kent armstrong humbucking soapbar noiseless pickup in the bridge position. It features a hipshot A style high mass bridge for perfect string spacing / intonation adjustment. It also features a John East J-Retro Deluxe preamp for ultimate tonal possibilities.

The soapbar can be modified by a mini toggle switch for more tonal split coil / coil tap options but I haven't done the mod so at the mo it just runs as a mini humbucker and adds a nice snap to the tone.

It has also been fully serviced and set up by Jon Shuker earlier this year so is pretty much perfect and ready to go. It goes without saying that it plays like a dream with a lovely satin neck, 38mm at the nut and weighs in at a respectable 4.3kg on the bathroom scales. Comes in the Shuker signature hard case and has had a recent set of D'Addario super steels.

I can ship it anywhere as I have a guitar box in the loft. Also, can be seen, witnessed, played or drooled over on the Wirral. I can also drive 50 miles or so for a meet up if the buyer wants.

Trades wise, I'd rather a straight sale but you never know......I'm always tempted by any jazz / precisions.

Thanks for looking

Edited by vinorange
  • Like 17

even in such straigtened times, I'd be surprised if this lasts long.  Beautiful - I love the Lakland style fretboard flow into the headstock.  I've had a couple of Jon's basses - both superb.  I don't really play long-scale these days - if I did, and had any cash, this would be gone 

• Like 2

• vinorange changed the title to SOLD. 2011 Immaculate Gold Shuker Jazz. East preamp, Nordstrand jazz & Kent Armstrong soapbar pickup. Now £1000