Why become a member? ×

Fender American Pro II de-tuner/ extender?

uk_lefty

Hi everyone... I got myself a Fender American Pro II Jazz bass recently and what a lovely bass it is. My band is doing more and more songs for which Drop D would be ideal. I have a drop D/ de-tuner/ extender key on my Stingray but feel I should put one on my jazz. Trouble is I'm finding it hard to get what model I need. Hipshots website isn't the most helpful. I have been suggested the Hipshot BT7 but it seems to have a hell of a lot of metal compared to the right handed lighter weight versions i can see on Hipshots website. 

Has anyone fitted an extender to their US Pro II bass and could share the make and model with me? I can then dig around and see if I can get a kack-handed version.

Thank you!

BT12 is the model you’re after, all you need is one spanner to undo the nut on the front of the tuner on the headstock. I had them on all of my post 2012 Fenders.

Edit - I may still have one @uk_lefty, I’ll have a look later on.

Edited by Lozz196
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

BT12 is the model you’re after, all you need is one spanner to undo the nut on the front of the tuner on the headstock. I had them on all of my post 2012 Fenders.

Edit - I may still have one @uk_lefty, I’ll have a look later on.

Thanks mate, but I don't think yours would work for me, even if I could turn it upside down the lever would clash with my A string post.

17 minutes ago, uk_lefty said:

Thanks mate, but I don't think yours would work for me, even if I could turn it upside down the lever would clash with my A string post.

Of course, I should have sussed it by your user-name, doh! But yes, it`s def the BT12 you need, just the lefty version.

• Like 1