Why become a member? ×

Yamaha 5 string active bass with gig bag - *SOLD*
£225
Gloucestershire

MungoBass

Try as I might, my poor old brain can’t cope with 5 strings so I am moving this excellent bass on. 

I believe it is around 20 - 25 years old and for its age, is in very nice overall condition. There are of course some light scratches, dings and swirl marks but nothing that affects the playability.

The colour is green or blue depending on the light but in my opinion more green than blue - despite the photos!

The frets are in great shape, there is little tarnish of the gold hardware and the pickups still have Yamaha clearly showing.

It has plenty of punch from the 2 band active eq.

There is a new but fairly basic padded gig bag.

Please feel free to ask for additional pictures or information.

Shipping can be arranged, I have a strong guitar box.

Edited by MungoBass
Sold
  • Like 7

I had one of these for a little while. They are so good for price and the quality on them really betrays how affordable they are. Even given their age, everything feels and sounds modern on them. Good luck with the sale!

• Thanks 1

Great basses at any price. Any of the Yamaha RBX basses are ace... I loved my 460 and kind of regret selling it. I also had a 170 for a while, really great bass, light and comfortable and sounded great. 

I think these are underrated.

• Thanks 1

• MungoBass changed the title to SOLD - Yamaha 5 string active bass with gig bag