Why become a member? ×

3 new auditions!!!!

bubinga5

Three new additions to the collection..I can honestly say that all these basses are truelly greats...

Stingray 5

I believe this to be the best mass produced 5 string on the market today..the best B string ive ever heard..Flawless construction..Solid..A real working pro's bass..I can see why Randy H Taylor plays one...I was lucky enough to buy this bass from Martthe Bass, who not only packed it well, but sent me a set of Slinkies and a kind letter. He was a pleasure to deal with!!! Everyone should try one of these basses..

Lakland 55-01 with Glockenklang pre, and Nordy PUPS

I bought this bass from Platypus..Just awsome, it has wear on the upper finger b which i love, its been played this one..The tone is something special..just as good as the Sadowsky, but without the growl..I just LOVE playing it...a real quality active punch....im taking this to record with a funky house band in june..they love the tone..

Fender CIJ 62 RI withcustom shop PUPS..

This thing has the best unamplified tone ive ever heard...Just phenominal punch and growl..the funkiest, rudest bass i own...Very trebley, so i roll that off a tad and its perfect..I cant believe for the money you can buy a bass like this!!! In the right hands this bass could blow you away......To a funk gig, i would take this over the 75 MIA anytime...

You know the rest...Fantastic basses..I can honestly say like my children (if i had any) i love them all the same..Apart from the Sadowsky,which stands out above everything..Roger and his team really do know how to make instruments..Im no luthier, but it seems they are so much further ahead then any other maker for the money of a Metro...Im sure Metros are in the reach of Alleva's, Celinders, Fodera's..for tone, build quality, and playability..Like the SR, everyone should try (even if you cant buy) a Sadowsky...I know why Chris likes them so much...

The Ostinato is a strange one(in a good way).. Beautifull bass,i lovely tulip wood top,(it looks your looking at the wood through a magnifiying glass??) birdseye maple neck and head stock...Doesnt really sound like a jazz, (maybe a little) but is more precision like...
But when you dig in, it has an awsome hifi growl. especially soloing on the higher frets...

The one i always go to though is the 75,.. it seems to do everything..i really feel comfortable with taking it to any style music rehearsal..There is something about a jazz that just fits...

i once couldnt afford new strings for my Vintage Bubinga 4 string, so I consider myself very lucky to own these basses..i will prob never sell any of them...

I have got gass for a Modulus J4 or a FBass studio though...damn gas hey..

Edited by bubinga5

Some really really nice basses there! :wub:

Sound is of course subjective - I spent hours in The Gallery playing and deciding which 5 stringer had a better B string - for me the stock Lakland 55/01 beat the SR5 by a country mile (through the same rig)

Lovely growing collection you have there :) I know what you mean about Mart's Ray 5. When we were in talks about him buying the Streamline from me, I was seriously thinking of taking the Ray 5 as a trade-in, as it looked so nice.

Oh wow! Just noticed your Lakland has Norstrand Big Singles! Bet that sounds serious :rolleyes:

Congrats, mate!

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

Wow!!

What an awesome collection!!

You must be really proud to own such stunning instruments!!

im glad your still loving the Sadowsky!! :) i cant seem to bring myself to play anything else at the moment!

........oh and its all well and good having pictures of your basses on your sofa but cant stand up and play more than one at once...................or can you??

hahahaahahahaha

:rolleyes:

at one point i had 6 or 7 basses at once! it just confused me and i'd get stressed trying to select which one to take out to the gig/studio with me!

im much happier with just 2 now! :D