Why become a member? ×

ACG Recurve 5 fretless TRADED
£750
Bury, north Manchester

Descendent

For sale or trade is my ACG Recurve 5 fretless.

I acquired this this year in a trade and it's an absolute beast of a bass but I'm kidding myself if I think I'm a fretless player! There's so much growl to this bass and easily found with the powerful East pre (3-band, not filters).

It's in excellent condition. There's a small, shallow indentation on the front and some small marks here and there including the top of the headstock. All good for a 10 year old bass. There's some scuffing on the fingerboard where previous users were bending the strings but it's all surface and only really noticeable in direct light. Also, face dots have been added by a previous owner in the NS style, which has been very nicely done. It's currently strung with SIT Silencer semi-flats. Spec below.

As a straight sale I'm thinking £750 is a bargain and am firm on that price. It'd cost £2000+ as a new commission from Alan. I love ACGs and have had a few – this is definitely one of the best I've tried, it's not flashy but man does it sound good. Trade value I'm thinking long the lines of £1000 as it's been hand-crafted by a UK master luthier after all! Trade-wise I'm open to anything with frets to be honest, just shoot me a message.

Spec

• Alder body with black limba top

• 3-piece maple neck, 34” scale

• Ebony fingerboard with fret dots

• 3-band John East preamp (Uni-Pre 3K)

• ACG split coil P-style (neck) and humbucker (bridge)

• Hipshot/Gotoh hardware

• Weight is around 8.5lbs

Any questions, just shout.

ACG R5F_1.jpg

ACG R5F_2.jpg

ACG R5F_3.jpg

ACG R5F_4.jpg

ACG R5F_5 .jpg

ACG R5F_6.jpg

ACG R5F_7.jpg

ACG R5F_8 .jpg

ACG R5F_9.jpg