Why become a member? ×

Xotic XJPRO 5 String Jazz Bass with gig bag - *SOLD*
£900
Lowestoft

carlsim

I am tentatively putting this up for sale as something has popped up which I am very keen on and this is the only thing I have to sell! 🤔

Xotic XJPRO 5 string Jazz bass - this is the made in Indonesia version but honestly, having owned both there is very little between these and the Japan models. Both are set up and completed in the Xotic US factory before shipping.

Anyway, natural finish with maple neck and fingerboard. Typical Xotic electronics (passive/active switch on vol push/pull), blend, passive tone with 3 band EQ in active mode.

Contrasting wooden pup covers and matching control plate (made by me!). Comes with the Xotic gig bag although I think there is a small rip where the zip joins the case.

I bought this with some damage from Bass Direct and was stripped and refinished with a tru-oil slurry and buff finish by myself. I kept a build diary of this process. Tiny hairline marks in the wood were stabilised using CA glue and have shown no movement at all. I love the look of this and wouldn't be even considering selling this if something I have hankered after for some time hadn't come up for sale. This was a real labour of love and took me about 3 months to complete. I think it had about 20 coats of tru-oil for the final finish. The control plate on the rear matches the pup covers as per pics. I did original make a matching ash one but I preferred the contrasting look. I can supply both if the new owner would like.

The whole process is documented here:

Please feel free to ask any questions about this process - I want to be 100% transparent about the process so please do enquire if you are interested.

I am happy to keep this if the other bass I am looking at goes elsewhere so may remove it from sale. I am happy to provide any close up pics if anyone would like.

Carl.IMG_1630.thumb.JPEG.5bcd8dc7dc8d9477e1e4c5592cf2fc8a.JPEGIMG_1776.thumb.JPEG.f1ba81eafdab4449c681dd234b139783.JPEG

IMG_1627.JPEG

IMG_1629.JPEG

IMG_1631.JPEG

IMG_1632.JPEG

Edited by carlsim
  • Like 7

• carlsim changed the title to Xotic XJPRO 5 String Jazz Bass with gig bag

Wow - what a transformation!  That looks fantastic @carlsim 👏👏

Just want to say that these basses are amazing - the passive tone alone is superb! 

I don't know what it is Xotic put in those pick ups, but it's bloody good stuff.. 😁

GLWTS 👍

• Like 1

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. I was really pleased with the outcome and had some great help along the way with advice.

it shows what a great community BC is!

It’s a great bass and not something I really want rid of, but… GAS is a b***h!

12 hours ago, carlsim said:

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. I was really pleased with the outcome and had some great help along the way with advice.

it shows what a great community BC is!

It’s a great bass and not something I really want rid of, but… GAS is a b***h!

😂

It certainly is! 

14 hours ago, Allaboutthebass said:

I bought this bass from BD. I was gutted when it arrived damaged, however I couldn't resist a noodle before driving it back to BD, it was a great bass, comfy, easy to play (did I mention I was gutted). Anyway long story short, what a great job, much prefer your finish to the original.

GLWTS.

so I assume it was damaged in transit then??

I always wondered how it happened!

Aaah… 

57 minutes ago, Allaboutthebass said:

Yep, box was a little worse for wear when it arrived, the top was open suspect the bass fell out along the journey.

I always thought it was some ham fisted sod who let it fall / fell off a stand or something… 

😂😂

• carlsim changed the title to Xotic XJPRO 5 String sold