Why become a member? ×

New bass distortion pedal from lusithand

lidl e

That sounds pretty awesome. I gotta admit though anytime I hear a drive made by anyone other than Electronic Audio Experiments I'm a little underwhelmed. I'm not sure why, I could just be a big fanboy, there's something about their pedals which I'm too technically illiterate to describe or its more about the demos.

Definitely a solid flexible drive to put on your board, if you could only have one filth pedal it sounds like a good candidate.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MrDinsdale said:

That sounds pretty awesome. I gotta admit though anytime I hear a drive made by anyone other than Electronic Audio Experiments I'm a little underwhelmed. I'm not sure why, I could just be a big fanboy, there's something about their pedals which I'm too technically illiterate to describe or its more about the demos.

Definitely a solid flexible drive to put on your board, if you could only have one filth pedal it sounds like a good candidate.

Im the same way with distortion. I loke my one vendor (moose electronics) and dont look anywhere elses, but i am also a lusithand fanboy so i really like this!

Edited by lidl e
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MrDinsdale said:

If anything watching this made me want to buy a lusit hand NFP onboard preamp more 😂

Our new single is recorded using my nfp jazz plate

(Sorry for self promotion! Nothing crazy playing wise)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lidl e said:

Our new single is recorded using my nfp jazz plate

(Sorry for self promotion! Nothing crazy playing wise)

Sounds awesome! It's a lot of money to spend but it seems to offer a lot of cool options, I'm quite enjoying all my basses being completely passive at the moment though 😂

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lidl e said:

Im the same way with distortion. I loke my one vendor (moose electronics) and dont look anywhere elses, but i am also a lusithand fanboy so i really like this!

Yeah exactly, I'm not ruling it out by any means as it definitely sounds good. Might have another listen and see how close I can get with the Longsword and Halberd.

I'd happily give the Alma a go, had I not already picked up a Hyper Lumnial before I read about the Alma I'd have gone for that I think.

• Like 1

On 21/05/2023 at 12:58, MrDinsdale said:

This reminds me of when I owned a Bass Big Muff. There’s two separate tones at the same time - a kind of clean nasal mid with a rasping noise layered separately over the top. Not my kind of thing personally.

It's a very accurate recreation of some JC flavour, incredibly versatile for such a small pedal. His tone is very mid focused though. If you're in the market for a Rat like drive but want some extra tone shaping and clean blending then you can't really go wrong with this pedal. 

On 21/05/2023 at 13:03, MrDinsdale said:

I've never even heard of Electronic Audio Experiments!

1 hour ago, fretmeister said:

I've never even heard of Electronic Audio Experiments!

They are just incredible pedals, mostly known for the Model FeT (Sunn Model T in a box) but they have some ace gear. Apparently John, the owner has been hugely influencial in the boutique pedal market and has his name on a lot of PCBs for other brands etc.

I did a little bit of a playthrough with the FeT, intend to do one for the Longsword and Halberd on bass though as they're excellent.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrDinsdale said:

They are just incredible pedals, mostly known for the Model FeT (Sunn Model T in a box) but they have some ace gear. Apparently John, the owner has been hugely influencial in the boutique pedal market and has his name on a lot of PCBs for other brands etc.

I did a little bit of a playthrough with the FeT, intend to do one for the Longsword and Halberd on bass though as they're excellent.

That's a nice demo *, great tone, and nicely nothing like the DG sort of sound that is now everywhere.

I'd love to know more about your keyboard - I use an ergo one myself.

* = Sideways pedals trigger my OCD like nothing else on earth. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fretmeister said:

That's a nice demo *, great tone, and nicely nothing like the DG sort of sound that is now everywhere.

I'd love to know more about your keyboard - I use an ergo one myself.

* = Sideways pedals trigger my OCD like nothing else on earth. 

Haha yeah same although to resolve it would mean jumping to a significantly bigger board!!! It's either a ridiculously long board or a very tall sparse board.

Yeah it's a great sound, really built for guitar but just works great for bass. Theres a great demo of the Dagger V2 which is a cut down version of the Longsword.

Its an Ergodox, used to have 2 but my Ergodox EZ kickstarter died and this diy one is on its way. Gonna replace with the Avalanche V4 but need to set some time to solder it all! Love a good ergonomic keyboard 🙌

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely did not need a RAT-style distortion (in all honesty I don't, it's the dirt tone that least suits my ambient electronic tones), but DAMN I want this pedal and am sizing up what I should sell to make space on the board for it. I wish it had top jacks, but that's a minor comment. It sounds amazing.

• Like 2