Why become a member? ×

Diamond / solidgoldfx

Stofferson

37 minutes ago, SumOne said:

Nice! I'd been looking to get the Jr for ages but they very rarely turn up for sale in the UK and cost a lot when they do. And now it has mid control & 3x tilt frequencies.

Aye, then I saw the Lusithand Alma comp - (diamond recreation) and I am torn!

https://lusithanddevices.com/product/alma-compressor/

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Stofferson said:

Aye, then I saw the Lusithand Alma comp - (diamond recreation) and I am torn!

https://lusithanddevices.com/product/alma-compressor/

I have one and really like it. I'm not very knowledgeable in compressors, but i got the alma and i must say it is amazing.

A couple of lads on here have one. The other site is big on them.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ryancowell25 said:

Didn't realise the Lusithand Alma existed - just ordered one - I've got the original Big Box Diamond which I really love - will see how they compare and feedback when it arrives - The clean blend has me intrigued 

Im looking at this next too. New solid gold ones have a miss rather than clean, not sure that appeals to me

• Like 1

The Alma arrived at the weekend and I really like it. It sounds and feels just like my old Big Box diamond Comp but the Clean blend is where the magic is. I can get the Squish of my the old Diamond but retain a clean signal. There is still the clarity and fatness fthe original pedal but I can just get it t compress more while keeping a usable sound.  Definitely something I need more than a mid control.

Nice tidy and layout and  solidly built. Only tried it at 9v so far but no issue with active basses. 

I really, really like this pedal. Thanks for the heads-up @Stofferson 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ryancowell25 said:

The Alma arrived at the weekend and I really like it. It sounds and feels just like my old Big Box diamond Comp but the Clean blend is where the magic is. I can get the Squish of my the old Diamond but retain a clean signal. There is still the clarity and fatness fthe original pedal but I can just get it t compress more while keeping a usable sound.  Definitely something I need more than a mid control.

Nice tidy and layout and  solidly built. Only tried it at 9v so far but no issue with active basses. 

I really, really like this pedal. Thanks for the heads-up @Stofferson 

Awesome glad you like it dude, I'm tempted to get one, but I do have a an ovnifx smoothie, this was designed by the comp review guy from ovnilab. http://www.ovnilab.com/

Who pretty much reviewed everything out there until he stopped. 

With it being quite rare and out of production not sure if it's worth flogging and getting the alma

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Diamond BCP/EQ arrived yesterday 

Have only run it at 9v with flatwound strung basses but first impressions are good. 

The power requirements and smaller size are definitely upgrades on the old BCP-1. Does it sound better?

Not sure yet

Rained off work so got plenty of time on the BCP/EQ

No head room issue at 9v yet

The 500hz mid addition is good 

The output volume is lower than the old BCP-1

i had to crank the Compressor knob to provoke a response out of my 70’s Precision, less required for MTD and Stingray

Chorus Pedal used after this sounded amazing 

“Warming” up the Diamond with an overdrive before also engaged the compressor earlier

I definitely need to give this a going over at 18v and through a big valve amp