Why become a member? ×

MM Stingray. 5 Ex Dave Bronze.

leschirons

MM5 in sunburst. Ser No 55485 1994. Fab neck, really beautiful wood. 3 band EQ. Bought off Dave Bronze (Clapton's bass player) Bass centre hardcase. Condition? 9 1/2 out of 10. Sounds superb.

Looking for £1075 and no offers of exchanges.

Ps. Has an added thumbrest.

The fretless in the pics has sort of been sold.

Edited by leschirons

[quote name='gingerfish' post='476603' date='May 1 2009, 01:21 AM']Hey up pal

Would you maybe consider splitting them up or is it only gonna be the pair together?[/quote]

Hi, yes, would consider splitting. I'm selling these for a friend in the UK as the French are Stingray mad but I thought I'd put them on the forum here first. He's a mate of Bronzy so thats why he ended up with the 5. He lent it to him one night I think and then refused to give it back so he had to sell it to him. I was talking to him last night and he agreed that if someone wanted the pair, it was okay to drop to £1700 as if I put them on French ebay, he'd have to pay the seller fees and the Paypal fees. On their own, they were £700 for the 4 and £1100 for the 5 but I'm sure he'd drop £25 on each so work on £675 and £1075. If you need any more pics, just let me know.

Cheers

[quote name='mistahbenn' post='477051' date='May 1 2009, 02:30 PM']Hi

Lovely 5, but the price is a little steep! Will he go any lower?

ATB Benn[/quote]

I'll call him tomorrow and ask.

Cheers

[quote name='donhills' post='477150' date='May 1 2009, 04:37 PM']How much does the fretless weigh please[/quote]

Can't guarantee the precision of the bathroom scales but it says 8lbs 13 oz (doing the weighing myself thing and then holding the bass)

Regards,
Keith