Why become a member? ×

*Trade pending* Mesa WD-800
£900
Northampton / London / Can post

Ander87

I don't want to sell this, but I've had a shift in band needs and can do with a more modest rig. Plus, I keep most of the tones from my Capo.

Very rare as I haven't seen any other here - one tube on the preamp that you can see light up whilst playing...

Fantastic WD-800 in great condition with carrying case and manual, picked up here from Beedster recently - I've taken it to a couple gigs and it's in same condition as I got it for.

Best Class D hybrid amp I've tried to date, had an option to buy/keep an SVT2 Pro and after A/B'ing both this is the one I kept (I know this may sound controversial for some!). The presence is just amazing, and has a lovely warmth that does not take away an inch of clarity. Runs at 4/2ohms etc, pre/post DI and whatnot, really versatile in all ways!

As I'm reducing I'm only interested in cash sale, handbox r400 OR barefaced Two10.

Can share more pictures on request but right as in the attached!

Ander.

Edited by Ander87

Gorgeous rare amp but i'm holding out for a TT800 either new or 2nd hand.

Mesa not selling outside the US just now and at £900 this would be my next favoured head and is an absolute bargain at this price.

I would add that Mesa have hiked their prices recently since Gibson took over so that makes this one an even better deal.

GLWTS

Dave

• Like 1

Thanks Dave! These are rarer and rarer and I do feel like keeping it so better take it from my hands before I regret it 😅

I will say after having had Eich, Darkglass, Ashdown and Ampeg heads this is the one I’ve liked the most. 

Ander. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ander87 said:

Thanks Dave! These are rarer and rarer and I do feel like keeping it so better take it from my hands before I regret it 😅

I will say after having had Eich, Darkglass, Ashdown and Ampeg heads this is the one I’ve liked the most. 

Ander. 

I'm a big Mesa fan. If i could afford yours and a TT800 i would jump on this but sadly finances and my wife's amp tolerance wont stretch that far :laugh1:

Pretty sure it wont be here long tho.

If we had been closer i might have offered my Handbox WB-100 in exchange for it but London is too far away for me and i wouldn't post an all valve amp.

All the best with it tho.

Dave

Water of Tyne on here has both the R400 and a new WB-100 and he has used his R400 in every kind of gig from pubs with no PA support to stadium gigs. I reckon it will be fine for small to medium gigs. I've played 100-150 sized gigs with the WB-100 with no PA support and it was fine.

Dave

• Thanks 1

There's a certain R400 on sale that I'd go for if this Mesa goes as a happy compromise to cash some in...! If that wouldn't happen I rather keep, this Mesa is just fantastic in all ways!

• Like 1

• Ander87 changed the title to *Trade pending* Mesa WD-800