Why become a member? ×

Ampeg pf20t / PF50t / Ashdown CTM 30 stubby head volume comparison

Hi all , has anyone had chance for volume comparison between Ashdown CTM 30 Little Stubby, Ampeg PF50t, Ampeg pf20t??

I'm playing in a trio (fairly low volume), I have a good sense of tones available from 3 heads , but am interested in perceived volume. Coming from yrs of playing 6str thru Marshall hd + quads, F twins, V AC30s ,ECT .I'm  very aware that numbers of speakers, and their efficiency, impacts hugely the volume attained.. especially with all valve amps driving.

So , with head set for similar tone and gain, thru identical speaker, what might the difference be ?( If any noticeable)?

Thanks all

Tonally I think the Ashdown would be best for what you're after, especially if you push the front end with a boost pedal to dirty it up. 

Having owned both the LB30 and PF50T I should be able to comment on relative volumes of the 2, but since I used them with completely different cabs and in completely different contexts I'm afraid I'd just be guessing... But if you need any kind of volume, add more and bigger/more efficient cabs! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bigwan said:

Tonally I think the Ashdown would be best for what you're after, especially if you push the front end with a boost pedal to dirty it up. 

Having owned both the LB30 and PF50T I should be able to comment on relative volumes of the 2, but since I used them with completely different cabs and in completely different contexts I'm afraid I'd just be guessing... But if you need any kind of volume, add more and bigger/more efficient cabs! 

Stand alone, the Ashdown is more of the tone I aiming for. Having owned a V4B ( old non master vol), with a Rat pedal, I was thinking PFs with a pedal to push.  Thanks for your input.