Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Yamaha TRB6 Japanese Built Mid-90s model!! Price Lowered!!

Mikey D

I'm selling my last fretted bass, as I am almost a 100% fretless player since getting my Gary Willis 5 (or at least i may just buy a 5 with high C eventually as I never use the low cool.gif.

It is a Transparent Blue original built in Japan Yamaha TRB6 with Yamaha GB26 Deluxe Case. With additional strap locks and matching blue strap! Nice or

The best TRB ever built and they are now increasingly hard to get a hold off! I have put the pictures from the Midlands Bass Bash up so you can see it as a comparison to the newer TRB1006.

Honestly, this is a great built bass with a great sound. The electronics in this bass are also very good with an adjustable sweep for one of the settings on the eq (this bass comes with 3 preset mids, unlike the new trbs). I have used it though Trace Elliots, Phil Jones, Mesa Boogies and SWRs and I have always been able to get teh sound I want out of it. As with my Sub, I look after my basses, but they are for playing(!) thus are not in exhibition condition. This one has a chip out of the top of the headstock (which I believe you can see in the photos and a small chip on the upper bout where your arm would go over the bass, thus this one cannot be seen most of the time). I have removed the Yamaha midi velcro which have left no marks and it is strung with Elixir strings.

A few of the guys tried it at the Midlands bass bash if you want an honest opinion of it. That is Joe in the pictures, he played it quite a bit!

Unfortunately I have lost the hair band i used for tapping, but I am sure you can find one of those if you need it! :)

Construction Bolt-on
Scale Length 34" (863.5mm)
Neck Maple
Fingerboard Rosewood
Nut Width 2-3/16" (56mm)
Radius 39" (1000mm)
Frets 24
Body Ash
Bridge Solid Brass
Pickups Side by Side, Single Coil (Alnico)
Controls New Active 5-control
Hardware Gold

Active Electronics
The Yamaha 5-control Active System Electronics. Our custom 3-band EQ gives the TRBs extensive tonal versatility. And the 3 position Midrange control, with user tweakable settings, facilitates fast and repeatable presets.

Bolt-on Necks
The TRB6 model features the Yamaha all-access bolt-on neck joint. This type of neck and neck-joint are true classics for good reason: enhanced punch, and defined attack.

[url="http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/ContentDetail/ModelSeriesDetail/0,,CNTID%25253D202%252526CTID%25253D224500%252526LGFL%25253DY,00.html"]Link to Yamaha's site for this discontinued bass[/url]

Price £460 as is or a trade for a nice 5 that i can restring with a high C.

Just so there is no confusion, it is the bass on the left in the first two photos.

Edited by Mikey D

Hi Mikey,

Just thought I'd point out that the right hand bass in the pic is my TRB6II (not a TRB1006).
I had a bit of a noodle on it and thought it's a great bass.

Anyway have a bump on me and good luck with the sale.

Pete.

[quote name='Gazm' post='50371' date='Aug 24 2007, 07:51 PM']Hi Mikey,

Just thought I'd point out that the right hand bass in the pic is my TRB6II (not a TRB1006).

Pete.[/quote]

pete, did you buy the trb6 II off another forum member?, if so, it might have been mine at one time

have another bump mikey :)

[quote name='steve' post='50470' date='Aug 24 2007, 11:27 PM']pete, did you buy the trb6 II off another forum member?, if so, it might have been mine at one time

have another bump mikey :)[/quote]

Hi Steve,

Indeed, from GreenKing about six months ago, top bloke and an excellent person to deal with.
I thought the Midlands bash was a very special event and would love for Nick to offer to host another one.

bag (Bump AGain) lol.

Pete.

[quote name='charic' post='50510' date='Aug 25 2007, 10:10 AM']Just an idea... if it doesn't sell (which it most probably will) why not get it defretted :)[/quote]

Because I want a five string as I don't use the B and it gets in the way of my right hand technique.

[quote name='Gazm' post='50371' date='Aug 24 2007, 07:51 PM']Hi Mikey,

Pete.[/quote]

Ah is it. Thanks for pointing that out.

Any other interest or trades? Had one so far, which to be honest, I am quite tempted by!

• 2 months later...