Why become a member? ×

TRADED. Lakland Skyline 55-01
£725
East Anglia

Dazm66

NOW £675. Definitely interested in trades so try me. 

A Fantastic as new condition Lakland 55-01 Bass in Cream finish, the build quality is excellent ! and the Bartolini Set up sounds great, coupled with the graphite reinforced neck and Pleck'd fretwork this bass plays superbly and is very stable. Strung with a newish set of Rotosounds (lightish gauge), it really is in amazing condition. Ive looked all over it and all I can find are some light scratches at the top of the headstock (pictured).

Another failed 5 string experiment for me. I bought this to replace a 5 string Warwick corvette as I was convinced the wider neck would stop my fingers getting tangled, and it did to an extent, but the truth is, I don't play it because I'm too much of a 4 string player to change my ways now. I’ll not post as I've nothing to pack it in - however I'd be happy to drive within an hour. I might be open to trades, I've a hankering for a P with flats for example (4 string of course) but won't be adding any cash to a deal.

The Skyline Series basses are made in Indonesia and then shipped to Laklands facility in Chicago for the Pleck setup and final inspection so they really are first class instruments! 

From the Lakland Website : 

SKYLINE SERIES 55-01

Versatility with high-end features! The 55-01 utilizes the classic Lakland body shape with a pair of Bartolini MK-1 split-coil soap bar pickups and an MK-1 onboard, 3-band buffered, active preamp. You can dial in an amazing variety of tones, from modern slap, to warm fingerstyle to aggressive picked tones. The 35″ scale neck is fast and smooth providing the killer B sound Lakland 5’s are famous for.

IMG_5669.jpeg

IMG_5674.jpeg

IMG_5673.jpeg

IMG_5672.jpeg

IMG_5671.jpeg

IMG_5670.jpeg

IMG_5675.jpeg

IMG_5676.jpeg

IMG_5677.jpeg

IMG_5678.jpeg

IMG_5679.jpeg

IMG_5684.jpeg

IMG_5683.jpeg

IMG_5682.jpeg

IMG_5681.jpeg

IMG_5680.jpeg

Edited by Dazm66
On hold
  • Like 5

• Dazm66 changed the title to Lakland Skyline 55-01 - Price reduced
7 hours ago, TheGreek said:

I have one in mirror black - don't like to touch it as it just leaves fingerprints.

What are you looking for in the way of trades?

Have a hankering for a p-bass as I’ve not owned a ‘real’ one or maybe a 500w + rated 4x10 cab, but I’ll consider anything really. The Lakland just doesn’t get played. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the support. I’m a bit surprised too. Not even sure you could buy a new one in the uk now. Might be the weight.

Not desperate though so happy to leave it out there.

Offers and trades welcome. 

• Dazm66 changed the title to TRADED. Lakland Skyline 55-01