Why become a member? ×

Warwick Thumb lined fretless?

lbquota

I have a pair of fretted and unlined freltess Thumb NT6'.

On the fretless the side dots are placed where the frets would be, not 'in between' like on the fretted. 

Now I don't know where Ww places the dots on a lined fretless ( on the frets or in between ) if they ever produced such in the early '90's

Since the dots are on the fret positions on your bass I'd assume it was born unlined and fretted later....

(Ww can do anything for custom shop but yours is an early example and I don't know what were they offering in terms of customization back then...)

edit: emailing Warwick can solve this mystery, they have a great customer service 

Edited by Paulhauser

That looks like an ebony board which indicates it's always been fretless or had a replacement board.  If it is 1990 you'll get a reply from W telling you basic info that anyone could give, they didn't keep detailed records back then so I could type up the W reply for you.  :)  

I'd have a close examination of how good the lines are installed; do they 'look' factory?