Why become a member? ×

1979 / S9 Fender Precision neck – rosewood, original hardware and neckplate - *WITHDRAWN*
£650
Southampton

Not totally sure I want to let this go since I love the feel of it and I intended to build a double P bass out of it, but a toddler and a new baby mean I don’t have much time for projects at the moment. Call it a feeler for now since I might just stick it back under the bed!

This is a lovely feeling neck. 42mm nut, but compared to my other Ps it has a very shallow profile – only 22mm at the 12th fret compared to 26mm on my ‘71. The rosewood is dark and the headstock has a decent bit of yellowing and checking to it. The truss rod turns well and does what it’s supposed to. Frets have plenty of life left.

It’s definitely been played and isn’t without issues. The finish (and some of the wood) has worn down on the G side, so while it feels very comfy the rolled edges mean the G string can sit quite close to the edge of the fretboard. I’ve got round it using a threaded bridge, but still worth knowing. There is the odd ding to the back of the neck, but they’ve never bothered me.

It also has a couple of high frets – the most notable is the 14th on the D & G strings. It’s certainly playable with a decent action despite this (2.5mm at the 12th fret or thereabouts), but I still intended to get it sorted and never got round to it.

It measures a little less than 64mm at the heel. I’ve used this on a MIJ Jazz body and a US P, and it fit both without issues. In terms of hardware, the tuners, nut and string tree are all original. I’ve also got the original neck plate, so I’ll include that too!

Open to trades with money either way for the right thing. Things that have got me interested recently are a MM Sabre, a Fender Elite (potentially the 2010s PJ in the right finish, but I’d love the 80s PP version) or a vintage Yamaha BB. I generally like Fenderish four stringers - all sorted for amps and pedals etc.

I’d prefer collection in person so the buyer can check it over – I’m based in Southampton but can travel within reason. Postage within the UK is an option too.

w0BoJOV.jpg 

iadItUS.jpg 

b4vi7Ov.jpg 

cTiwTaF.jpg 

WkVhQn4.jpg 

zvFgqHw.jpg 

evndQmZ.jpg 

Wr1VRFY.jpg 

5ipawY0.jpg 

Edited by Mylkinut
  • Like 4

• Mylkinut changed the title to 1979 / S9 Fender Precision neck – rosewood, original hardware and neckplate - WITHDRAWN