Why become a member? ×

[SOLD] Fender-y bits…

[size=3][u][b]Gotoh GB-1 tuners:[/b][/u][/size]

These were taken off a '04 CIJ Fender Precision and are slightly tarnished (the way nickel hardware gets after a while – I guess you could call it mojoed!). Other than that, they work just fine. The second photo shows the sort of tarnish I mean – it's not that noticeable in person. Come with bushings and screws.

[attachment=24456:DSC02140.jpg] [attachment=24458:DSC02141.jpg]

Note that these use a slightly smaller shaft diameter than normal – 12mm compared to 14mm used on other Fender style tuners. Hence, they require a 15mm hole for their bushings and so probably won't fit the majority of headstock holes which are drilled for 17.6mm bushings. The Gotoh [url="http://www.hosco.co.jp/HOSCO_ENGLISH/Pages/gotoh_catalog2008/bass_standard.html#Open%20gear"]product listing[/url] for them has detailed dimensions:

[attachment=24457:bass_standard.jpg]

[size=4][i][s]£30[/s]… [s]£25[/s]… [s]£20[/s]… [b]FREE[/b][/i][/size]

[size=3][u][b]Allparts 4-hole nickel neck plate:[/b][/u][/size]

Standard Fender-style 4-hole guitar/bass neck plate. Pretty good condition, a few minor scratches.

[attachment=36011:DSC02412.jpg]

[size=4][i][s]£3[/s]… [b]FREE[/b][/i][/size]

[s][size=3][u][b]Fender MIJ Precision pickups:[/b][/u][/size]

Standard pickups from the aforementioned bass. 11kΩ DC resistance. Come with the standard black covers, fresh cabling and the brass shielding plate. Minor scratching on covers, but in good condition aside from that.

[size=4][i]£15[/i][/size]

[size=3][u][b]5x Badass II/V saddles:[/b][/u][/size]

Set of 5 saddles for a Badass II/V. They have been slotted for a standard Fender spacing.

[size=4][i]£8[/i][/size][/s]

[size=4][b]More to come, as I dig through my parts drawer. Please feel free to haggle on price…[/b][/size]

Edited by ~tl

Just as a matter if intrest
i have a cij 62 reissue Precision, are these the standard ones for this bass, if so what have you replaced them with, ive been looking for replacemants but hipshot/schaller are too big!!
cheers - lee

These were taken off a '04 CIJ Fender Precision and are slightly tarnished (the way nickel hardware gets after a while – I guess you could call it mojoed!). Other than that, they work just fine. The second photo shows the sort of tarnish I mean – it's not that noticeable in person. Come with bushings and screws.

[attachment=24456:DSC02140.jpg][attachment=24458:DSC02141.jpg]

Note that these use a slightly smaller shaft diameter than normal – 12mm compared to 14mm used on other Fender style tuners. Hence, they require a 15mm hole for their bushings and so probably won't fit the majority of headstock holes which are drilled for 17.6mm bushings. The Gotoh [url="http://www.hosco.co.jp/HOSCO_ENGLISH/Pages/gotoh_catalog2008/bass_standard.html#Open%20gear"]product listing[/url] for them has detailed dimensions:

[attachment=24457:bass_standard.jpg]

They retail for about £50 new, so make me an offer.
[/quote]

[quote name='lee650' post='474726' date='Apr 29 2009, 12:39 AM']Just as a matter if intrest
i have a cij 62 reissue Precision, are these the standard ones for this bass, if so what have you replaced them with, ive been looking for replacemants but hipshot/schaller are too big!!
cheers - lee[/quote]
Yes, they are the standard ones from a CIJ '62 reissue. I've replaced them with a set of proper reverse-wind Gotohs:

[url="http://www.allparts.uk.com/gotoh-tuning-keys-bass-vintage-style-p-2030.html?p=product"]http://www.allparts.uk.com/gotoh-tuning-ke....html?p=product[/url]

But, like the Schaller/Hipshot models, they require the headstock holes to be reamed out a little and the screw holes are in a different place (so they need re-drilled as well). Aside from that, they fit just fine :)

• 1 month later...

What size are the holes in the machine head? I would guess they'll be 17.6mm which is slightly too big for these – they require a 15mm hole. There doesn't seem to be any information on the M.M. site about the holes, so measuring them would be best.

[quote name='~tl' post='516224' date='Jun 17 2009, 10:43 AM']What size are the holes in the machine head? I would guess they'll be 17.6mm which is slightly too big for these – they require a 15mm hole. There doesn't seem to be any information on the M.M. site about the holes, so measuring them would be best.[/quote]

Yeah they're 17mm. I thought they would probably be too big, oh well...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...