Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Studio 15

mikeycrikey

Technical question for the good people of BassChat.

I have an Ashdown Studio 15 combo. It sounds great.  Weighs about the same as a bag of crisps and looks awesome too.

My question is, the amp is rated at 300w. The 15 inch speaker is 8 ohm and their is no socket on the amp or anywhere on the cab to add another speaker  8ohm speaker.

Does this mean the Studio 15 will not support a 4 ohm load and will therfore deliver its full 300W output into the single 8 ohm 15 inch speaker.

The Studio 2x10 combo does have am extra speaker out socket and assume it uses the same amplifier section.

Hope someone in the know, knows. 

When I spoke with Ashdown about these amps they said that yes the Studio 15 does put out the full 300w power into the single 8ohm 15 speaker.

Which is different to the 210 version which without an extension cab delivers about half, maybe 2/3 of the power into the speakers in the amp.

Just now, Lozz196 said:

When I spoke with Ashdown about these amps they said that yes the Studio 15 does put out the full 300w power into the single 8ohm 15 speaker.

Which is different to the 210 version which without an extension cab delivers about half, maybe 2/3 of the power into the speakers in the amp.

Beat me to it.

Thanks so much for the replies. That is very reassuring to hear. Got a gig with a new band at the weekend. 2 guitars, keyboards and drums. Was worried the Ashdown would be under powered but am a lot more confident now it will keep up with band.

My other rig is TC electronic BH 550 into a 2 x 12 800w ninja cab. Seeing as the cab is 8 ohms probably only going to get around 300w out of the cab so I may as well stick the Ashdown combo