Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

F Deck HPF revelation

paul_5

Just finished up building and boxing an F Deck high pass filter and can honestly say it's a real game changer through my Ampeg rig. 

Most of the time what it does isn't audible, but speaker excursion is visibly reduced, meaning my rig is operating more efficiently than without it.

Wow.

I've had great fun watching the 12" driver (admittedly, it's designed as a sub-woofer) in my 'Bass' cab jump backwards and forwards like billy-o until I start to raise the frequency of the HPF and then it doesn't move anywhere near as much. Still sounds great though.

Seriously, every home should have one!

I just use the build in HPF fixed at 40Hz -12dB/Oct in my ART Tube MP Project Series tube preamp/DI, and even though I have my bass tuned to F# standard tuning, 2 half steps above E standard tuning, which means the lowest fundamental would be just about 46Hz, I can hear a significant tightening up of the low end, clearer, more well defined and articulate, and actually also punchier, cleaning out all the fluff from my signal, when that HPF is engaged.  

Edited by Baloney Balderdash