Why become a member? ×

Gk rbx410

Tim2291

Hi all, 

I have a gallien krueger rbx 410, great sounding cab and I loved using it when I had a roadie to carry it for me, annoyingly 3 cones are making scratchy noises. I don't use the cab and keep saying I'm going to fix it... In reality I probably won't. 

Any idea what I could get for it in current condition if I was to sell it? 

I know its obviously not worth an awful lot, its an amazing cab and with new cones will serve someone well!

The cab is really only worth what someone will give you for it. With 3 maybe 4 

speakers needing replacing, what you’ll get for an empty not very lightweight cab is

purely down to luck. Somebody with the same cab as yours where the speakers are

sound but the exterior is tatty may be tempted to buy it in which case I’d guess at 

say £40 or £50. Unfortunately buying 3 or 4 new speakers for it is probably not

financially viable for most folk, (and I’m a GK fanboi too!).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Downunderwonder said:

Think of a number, halve it, halve it again and divide by 2. That's unlikely to be far from what you can get for it.

To be honest, that's pretty much what I thought! I haven't changed the speakers in it because they are not cheap! Equally, if someone was happy to change the speakers, they'd practically have a brand new GK 410 for half the price (including the new drivers) of a new one! I think this has reinforced me keeping it for the time being as a coffee table!

4 hours ago, Tim2291 said:

They're great cabs and sound amazing, but they also weigh more than a small family car!

That is one of the main factors that will limit the appeal to potential buyers I’m afraid.

The RBX weighs around 91lbs, whereas my GK Neo 410 is 64 lbs. Quite a difference.

Couple that with the move away from big cabs and more people using alternatives

to backline, big old stuff (however good) is now hard to shift/ cheap to buy s/h.

• Like 1