Why become a member? ×

Bach Basses

beerdragon

Sorry for replying to my own post,but i was kn*ckered last night and didnt feel like writing a mini review.

Basically the bass sounds great,very punchy and with a high output from the pickup .

As ive got the mahogany body model I would guess that a lot of the tone is down to the density of the wood.

Well worth the dosh in my opinion,and im so impressed with it im going to gig it from now on with the blues/rock band ive just joined...just need a bridge cover,if anyones got one hanging around?

(Might need a truss soon as well BTW,as its blinkin heavy) :)

Cheers
WFG

Any idea where these are made? Have we found a winner of the bargain basses?

Mahogany does tend to look better than in photos. Surprised it's particularly heavy, I've played Ibanez Sr500s and they are mahogony and they were light. Probably a smaller body though.

Edited by krazy_olie

Ive been watching this thread with interest to see what the response was, as I was the seller to wigfinder, and the other instruments sold on ebay.

The weight does vary between instruments, and the one WFG bought was the heaviest I have seen, they weigh in between 9-11 1/2 pounds on my kitchen scales, and guess who has the heaviest one.

I dont think it is the wood necessarily that gives it the punch, as the alder one is equally as punchy as the mahogany ones. I think they have just got plenty of windings on the pickup. I intended to replace my pickup with a Seymour Duncan, but Im not going to bother as its more than adequate as it is

The bridges are basic but adequate, tuners the same.

The jazz bass is nice, with the mahogany top no scratch plate and rear mounted controls. I bought a 335 copy, and that was extremely good.

I beleive they are made in east europe, possibly eastern germany, but Im not certain. The quality for the money is outstanding.

Biggest problem as you all seem to have found is communication from Bach

Hi Martin .
I m just Roman who made comunnication with You from BaCH company.
We are so sorry You are not satisfied from our doing.
Pls belive me I have You in our database because in the moment
that model will be made I will write You .
Maybe You will not be interested in but We try to things well.
Take care .

Roman , manager of the company BaCH

I had the pleasure of playing a bach at the bash on saturday, i think this one belonged to Gazm. i was surprised at the quality of the build and it was really nice to play. for the price i would not hesitate tp recommend one, the bach in this picture (which is kind of stretched and dont do the basses justice) is on the left next to the pbass.

[attachment=801:P1010392.jpg]

Hi guys,

No BM it's not mine, it belongs to MHUK.
I noticed the aspect ratio on the photo got fubard when resizing so here's another:

[attachment=805:P1010392A.JPG]

I Had a play of it and it seems well made and plays nice. The only -ve comment I'd make is that it sounded a little dull but that might be cured with new strings.

Pete.

The strings are brand new but of unknown make. How easy is it to add an active circuit?

More pics on the Midlands Bass Bash page: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=307&st=100&start=100"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...0&start=100[/url]

Edited by mhuk

Thx for the link and info

i fanncy one of the miller/jazz 5'ers too and if it works out under £200 i'll be sure tograb one

roman plz let us know when they come back in stock if its not to much trouble

Cheers
Gizmo

Hi there.
We do shipping prices according of the czech post .
We cannot give You other price . . . . except We´d brought it to Portugal in person.
Sorry I am kidding .
This are very correct prices from us . . pls believe us.

Roman
[email protected]

they quoted me €22.50 for Portugal (where I live) and €28.50 for the UK (why it's more expensive, beats me O.o)
[/quote]

[quote name='roman' post='21727' date='Jun 22 2007, 08:59 AM']Hi there.
We do shipping prices according of the czech post .
We cannot give You other price . . . . except We´d brought it to Portugal in person.
Sorry I am kidding .
This are very correct prices from us . . pls believe us.

Roman
[email protected]
they quoted me €22.50 for Portugal (where I live) and €28.50 for the UK (why it's more expensive, beats me O.o)[/quote]
Hi Roman - glad you signed up here - there's quite a lot of interest in your instruments , I think.

So, if I order a bass through the Bachmusik website, would €28.50 be the shipping charge to the UK?

Cheers,

Jon.

• 7 months later...

[quote name='Bassassin' post='21965' date='Jun 22 2007, 02:51 PM']Hi Roman - glad you signed up here - there's quite a lot of interest in your instruments , I think.

So, if I order a bass through the Bachmusik website, would €28.50 be the shipping charge to the UK?

Cheers,

Jon.[/quote]
..no reply to that then!
I'm lusting after some of these babies [b]big time[/b]! I generally pimp up budget basses anyway, so these look sweet as a nut.