Why become a member? ×

👋

discojoe

On 09/02/2023 at 20:22, discojoe said:

Just thought I'd drop by and say hi! 

I'm in my 21st year of playing and I've done a few hundred gigs in a few different bands.

I currently only play at home, unplugged with my Warwick Alien Fretless. I own a Fender Jazz too. 

Would you not grab a small headphone amp so you can listen to yourself plugged in?

(Ah the alien is their acoustic one!)

I remember back in the day when i had no amp available i would butt the bass up against the wall and amplify it like that!

What was your live rig when you were playing a lot?

Edited by lidl e
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, lidl e said:

I remember back in the day when i had no amp available i would butt the bass up against the wall and amplify it like that!

What was your live rig when you were playing a lot?

Ha... I used to do the same thing against my wardrobe... ☺️

I've used a few different rigs mate... I owned a couple of Ashdown ABM heads and 4x10 and 1x15 cabs... Nowt to rave about but they just work. Always. 

I also had an EBS Gorm combo for a little while... That was a really nice amp that I shouldn't have sold. 

However my most recent and favorite rig was an Orange AD200 with an Orange 4x10... A powerful, simple rig with loads of tube grit to dial in if/when you need it. The cab was a difficult haul when gigging regularly... Around 47kg and almost cuboid in shape. I gave myself a hernia when I hit my head off the top of a doorway whilst carrying it lol. I sold the cab but I've kept the AD200 just incase I wish to scratch the gig itch again. 

After checking the marketplace I'm now beginning to think it would make sense to pick up a nice cab for home use and hear what the Warwick Alien sounds like plugged in. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, discojoe said:

Ha... I used to do the same thing against my wardrobe... ☺️

I've used a few different rigs mate... I owned a couple of Ashdown ABM heads and 4x10 and 1x15 cabs... Nowt to rave about but they just work. Always. 

I also had an EBS Gorm combo for a little while... That was a really nice amp that I shouldn't have sold. 

However my most recent and favorite rig was an Orange AD200 with an Orange 4x10... A powerful, simple rig with loads of tube grit to dial in if/when you need it. The cab was a difficult haul when gigging regularly... Around 47kg and almost cuboid in shape. I gave myself a hernia when I hit my head off the top of a doorway whilst carrying it lol. I sold the cab but I've kept the AD200 just incase I wish to scratch the gig itch again. 

After checking the marketplace I'm now beginning to think it would make sense to pick up a nice cab for home use and hear what the Warwick Alien sounds like plugged in. 

Nice one.

If i were looking, id get this@ (no affiliation!)

• Like 1