Why become a member? ×

for sale ; Alleva Coppolo RA 5 Custom.
£3900
Polska

Guest sadbass

Guest sadbass

I have for sale a collector's version of the instrument from the factory in the USA - Jimmy Coppolo..
as proof, below is my correspondence with Jim, in which I described the details of the construction, material and varnishing of this bass. Jimmy was kind enough to describe everything to me without any problems, for which I am very grateful. Thanks to this, I can present you its full advantages.

I am forced to sell it, which I regret very much, but unfortunately I have no other choice. I'm sure the next owner of this instrument will be as pleased with it as I am. It's a really great instrument, 100% functional, with a very low string action. Feel free to contact me.. I will answer all questions.. Unfortunately, I am only interested in sales.. I am not new to this forum, as evidenced by the comments of my previous contractors.. Regards.
Price £3900 negotiable.
Shipped by insured courier with tracking.

Hi the bass you are looking for, B 50551C SERIAL NB. at is a custom RA5 built in January 2016. It was made for Bass San Diego. Body painted with nitrocellulose varnish by professor -----
. Since it is a one-piece maple neck, the neck is painted with urethane or polyester. Such a bass in today's market will sell for around $7,500.00 to $8,000.00 due to the professor's painted body. The neck screw plate is made of solid brass. I made a limited run of these necks and it was sort of a homage to the Schecter and Charvel guitars of the 70's and early 80's. In addition to being a huge fan of classic Fender guitars from the 1950s-1960s, I am also a huge fan of Schecter, Charvel and Jackson guitars from the mid 70's to early 80's. RA is my favorite model and I always like it. The Ice blue metallic finish is one of my favorite colors for basses and guitars. I think you will love this bass and find it suitable for many styles of music.

Jimmy

The Professor is an old friend of mine who was a Fender Warranty Painter on the East Coast from 1958-1968. He himself mixes paints exactly as nitrocellulose varnishes looked like in those days. The tone of texture, thickness and color is spot on. Now in his nineties and nearly retired, it probably won't be long before he stops completely. Each bass he painted was different and unique as he mixed colors/toners for each instrument; he doesn't buy ready-made pain in big drums like most painters or guitarists. Painting is an art and for me no one does it better than a professor. I have been blessed to have known him for roughly thirty-four years and I am very grateful that he is still with us and continues to contribute to my brand. I think you can say you have something of a collector's item, and if you don't, if you don't do it in time, the paint will shrink like an old bass and the sound will keep getting better. Enjoy and play!
- Jim

przod futeral.jpeg

tyle  plytka.jpeg

z gory plytka.jpeg

cala stoi.jpeg

calosc futeral.jpeg

leb gryf.jpeg

leb tyl.jpeg

przod korp..jpeg

leb zbliz..jpeg

korpus tyl.jpeg

leb blisko.jpeg

Edited by sadbass

Guest sadbass

a quick sample recorded with a phone .. without any conditioners:} on headphones the sound is ok, while from a live computer there are distortions. I am asking for understanding.. I do not know how to record sound:} interested people, please contact me on priv. I will send a link on yt. Regards .

1 hour ago, will4bass said:

What I can say in my non scientific maybe even biased humble opinion is that it is not as bright as a maple board with ash body, but not as dark as an alder body with rose board neck. For some the perfect synthesis.

100% agree... and i love this combo 

Guest sadbass
19 hours ago, foya said:

I completely agree with the previous speaker.. the bass sounds powerful and wide.. I have a comparison with my fender jazz bass elite. :}

image0.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...