Why become a member? ×

Active and Passive inputs on my Orange AD200B

DanFold

Can i plug into these at the same time?

I use guitar pedals for my distortion, they have a mix knob on them to keep most of the signal, but i still don't get as much of the bass signal through as i'd like, so...

I was going to get a Y splitter box or an AB Y box, to go straight into my amp AND go through the distortion pedals then into my amp.

Will this work or am i just dreaming of cheap and cheerful ways to solve my problems?

Cheers.
Dan.

[quote name='DanFold' post='472437' date='Apr 25 2009, 11:24 PM']Can i plug into these at the same time?

I use guitar pedals for my distortion, they have a mix knob on them to keep most of the signal, but i still don't get as much of the bass signal through as i'd like, so...

I was going to get a Y splitter box or an AB Y box, to go straight into my amp AND go through the distortion pedals then into my amp.

Will this work or am i just dreaming of cheap and cheerful ways to solve my problems?

Cheers.
Dan.[/quote]

Why not just try it. You won't damage anything.

I plug my bass into the active input and a tuner into the passive input. It works so I assume that the two inputs remain conected in parallel but at different sensitivities.

haha, Yeah, but it's a ballache making my amp clean and distorted halfway through songs! haha when and IF, i can ever afford it... i will just get a second AD200B and run em both into my cabs (get one of them splitter boxes you can plug heads into) clean and distortion sorted. But as funds are low, I wanted sommet to i can still have my bass coming through then i can get my pedals and just have a bit of gain over the top.

[quote name='DanFold' post='472683' date='Apr 26 2009, 02:17 PM'].. i will just get a second AD200B and run em both into my cabs (get one of them splitter boxes you can plug heads into)[/quote]

Sounds interesting. Got any more information?

Radial do the tonebender or sommet like that... 3 different ones.

VV - 2 Valve heads (speaker out) in to this box then to you Cab(s)

VS - A Valve head and a Solid State head... same thing

SS - 2 Solid State heads... same thing...

These ones cost a bit, Guitarist out of my band knows more about this, he has done it in the past (very experienced guitarist)
I'm sure you can get cheaper ones!

Anyway, They are just like an AB pedal... but rather go to 2 different stacks... 2 heads into 1 cab.

Best idea ever? Not to far off!

[quote name='obbm' post='472721' date='Apr 26 2009, 03:40 PM']Sounds interesting. Got any more information?[/quote]
[url="https://taweber.powweb.com/store/2head.htm"]https://taweber.powweb.com/store/2head.htm[/url]

i've wanted to try one of these out but i don't 100% trust them ;p

also there only 200watts so i don't know if it'd be all that safe with a 200watt head!

Edited by umph

Ha Ha, Cheers Musicman!

Was a gift that bass! but i love it. I want a P-bass the same, I have a Jag as well i might get re finished to look the same (how much does that cost?)
Like that them together, White and Tort shell plate.

By the sound of your name, If you have a Sterling i might be willing to swap the Jazz?! :) haha

[quote name='DanFold' post='473386' date='Apr 27 2009, 02:23 PM']Ha Ha, Cheers Musicman!

Was a gift that bass! but i love it. I want a P-bass the same, I have a Jag as well i might get re finished to look the same (how much does that cost?)
Like that them together, White and Tort shell plate.

By the sound of your name, If you have a Sterling i might be willing to swap the Jazz?! :) haha[/quote]

Alas I have Stringray! I love that Fender White with Tort though! Definitely a purchase for the near future. A P to match would be amazing!

A vintage 62 P, to go with that jazz :)

But i can't find one in white, doin me ed in. Even if i did find one, will have to rob a bank to get it! Or tell the label it's needed and the band will split if they don't get it us... haha

I like to dream...