Why become a member? ×

SOLD: G&L Tribute L-2500

DylanB

I got this bass from a fellow basschatter about 6 months ago. I realise now that it's a little bit superfluous in my collection, so it's up on the block. It is in very good condition indeed, there are a few scratches to the control cavity and around the usual 'popping' spot. There is also a small ding on the back of the neck, around the 9th fret running parallel to the frets (so, vertical if you have the bass in a playing position). It does not interfere with playing.

My apologies for the cameraphone pics, let me know if you want to see anything else. I am in the SW15 Wandsworth area of London, i would prefer for the bass to be collected from there, but I am willing to ship at the buyers expense. It will be shipped in a gig bag in a well packed box. The gig bag is pretty worn out, but will protect it for the journey.

£320 + delivery. I'm 99% sure I want to sell this for the cash, but if you've got anything to trade run it past me. I'm pretty picky though. Cash is king!

Please feel free to ask questions via PM or [email protected].

P.S. I also have a Spector Rebop 5 DLX Zebrano for sale here: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=47460"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=47460[/url]

Edited by DylanB

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='472413' date='Apr 25 2009, 10:18 PM']I think you missed one small detail - the price? :)[/quote]
+1

Always fancied one of these, ever since trying one a couple of years ago.. Fantastic basses for the money!

Yeh - I've got one and can't praise it enough. It's the best 5 string neck I've played. The sound is, for good or bad, very in-your-face. Much more output that a StingRay. They're a crazy bargain used. The only small negative with mine anyway is less than perfect fretwork - one or two rough edges.

A basschatter who came by to check this bass out quite correctly pointed out that there is a ding on the back of the neck, around the 9th fret, that I hadn't noticed in my time with the bass. My apologies for missing it! It is parallel to the frets and about three quarters of an inch long. It does not interfere with playing. My attempts to capture this imperfection on camera have proved futile.

A bump for Dylan.

I went to check out this bass - it's a lovely instrument in excellent condition. The blemish on the neck is quite high up and not very noticeable. More of a "pillow scar" than a dent. It sounds good too and is comfortable to play. Dylan's pictures don't do justice to the orange tint finish which is lush without being shouty.

It will make someone really happy without hurting the wallet too much.

Go buy!