Why become a member? ×

G&L Tribute Series Kiloton bass ***PRICE DROP - NOW £300 PLUS SHIPPING*** - *SOLD*
£320
Isle of Wight, UK

Grassie

G&L Tribute Series Kiloton 4 string bass guitar, in Olympic White. Has been gigged but not extensively, so is in good condition, with only some very minor marks which obviously do not detract from its playability. Could do with some new strings too.

Some blurb from G&L:

The Kiloton bass boasts a lean and comfortable body that's paired with a fast, satin-finished Maple neck — providing superb playability. Driven by a beefy MFD ('Magnetic Field Design') humbucker wired in G&L's USA factory, the Kiloton pumps out big and bold tones. However, the pickup is placed in a tonal "sweet spot" near the bridge, which gives it a more pronounced upper mid-range peak that's perfect for penetrating through a busy band mix. The Magnetic Field Design humbucker uses a ceramic bar magnet, with soft iron pickup poles, and have been designed to give you a quieter pickup than what you'd normally get with Alnico magnets, but at the same time they give you a greater overall output. Tonally, MFD pickups are slightly warmer than their alnico counterparts, whilst offering a much broader frequency response. In addition to this you get a 3-way toggle switch that allows you to alter the humbucker's circuitry between Series, Split, and Parallel modes, putting a nice array of tone-changing options at your disposal. The Saddle-Lock Bridge helps transfer your string's energy directly through the body, giving you an incredible amount of natural body resonance, resulting in a clear and balanced tone.

I have also added a thumb rest for better hand positioning.  I am based on the Isle Of Wight so am willing to meet at one of our four ferry ports (Portsmouth/Southampton/Southsea/Lymington), but I'm reluctant to post via courier as they all seem to be unreliable at the moment. These currently sell for upwards of £400 so I'm asking for £320 £300, cash on collection or PayPal. Thanks for looking. :)

***EDIT: I'M NOW CONSIDERING SHIPPING***

I'll have to source a suitable box and a $h1t load of bubble wrap, plus I'll remove the neck to reduce possible damage. Royal Mail 24 or 48 hour tracked for an extra £10 (UK ONLY).

KT.jpg

KT3.jpg

KT2.jpg

IMG_2260.jpg

IMG_2261.jpg

IMG_2262.jpg

Edited by Grassie
SOLD
  • Like 5

I "stole" a G&L today - L2500 for practically nothing. 

Considering that Leo said these are the best basses he ever built it's surprising that they don't hold their value better. 

Great for buyers - not so much for sellers. 

Somebody should snap this up before everyone else gets wise to what a bargain it is. 

• Like 3

• Grassie changed the title to G&L Tribute Series Kiloton bass ***PRICE DROP - NOW £300***
  • Grassie changed the title to G&L Tribute Series Kiloton bass ***SOLD PENDING***