Why become a member? ×

Ray25CA with upgraded pre amp and parallel/series switching. **NEW PRICE** - *WITHDRAWN*
£475
Rochester Kent

BaggyMan

Now £450 and will also consider a higher end amp head as a trade..

Ok, when a bass you have wanted comes up its time to murder your darlings.  I am downsizing but...dam G.A.S is a monkey for the back for sure.

So, I wasnt going to put this up for sale.  But there you are.

Ray25CA so a 'classic' layout 5 string smaller bridge and better pickup with the same SUB pre amp.

But..

I have changed the pre amp for the much better Stinger two band pre amp from Retrovibe.  I have tried a few different pre amps in subs over the years and the stinger 'has it'. 

If you take a look at the review by lowendlobster his mark down for the CA series was the pre amp and the series wiring for the pickup. 

I have installed a series/parallel switch giving more tonal flexibility.

Finally I have installed a black anodised aluminium scratchplate which looks great with the metallic blue body imho.

She plays great and compared to my SUB5 definitely a mid band bass not entry level.  

A couple of small blems on the paint but nothing scary.  Neck is clean and dint free even with a little bit of flame in it. 

This is a gig ready stingray, in the classic layout (as opposed to the SR big scratchplate style).  And it sound just like a 'ray should.  

rayca2.jpg

rayca1.jpg

Edited by BaggyMan
WITHDRAWN
  • Like 7

• BaggyMan changed the title to Ray25CA with upgraded pre amp and parallel/series switching. wITHDRAWN