Why become a member? ×

Flea Active Jazz

Folkesy

I really fancy a flea active Jazz Bass to accompany my roadworn jazz. I dropped Fender an email as I thought they may have been discontinued. 

They confirmed that they are not discontinued but they do not have an ETA for the next run. Fingers crossed they make some more and maybe some new colours (copper brown would be nice). To be honest I’d have any colour.

• Like 1

It's a great bass, my main gigging bass at the moment. The sound is spot on and it really cuts through the mix. I'm really pleased with it. 

My only issue with it is I don't love the boost only preamp - I'm tempted to swap the OBP-1 preamp for an OBP-2 to have the option of boost/cut (or maybe even OBP-3 if I'm swapping it anyway), but this isn't a big issue or something I'm in any rush to do right away. I'd also consider swapping the volume pot for a push/pull active/passive pot, as I always worry about battery going during a gig. 

Edited by Tait
  • Like 1

Yes I imagine that would be a bit of a concern, sound like some great mods. My BB605 has a similar risk of the battery going but it seems to last for ages. 

I’ve seen a few pop up in the here and there and hopefully Fender will do another run at some point. In no rush but I’m pretty sure it’s one I would like to add to the collection.