Why become a member? ×

Fender jazz bass

nilorius

54 minutes ago, iconic said:

I Iove all jazzes and owned far too many too make any sense.

I've had the Fender US and MIM and, nice as they were, both came and went. 

....they were no better or worse than my Squier VMJ, or maybe a case of the VMJ just fitting like a glove as they have ultra racy necks on first gens and, I'm shallow and a sucker for Maple/Maple and blocks. 

I have Yamahas modern lightweight take on a jazz too, that although slightly wider on the neck than the VMJ, is also preview.jpg.5278338f7f075d56cb3920b5a864343d.jpgvery shallow indeed and also gels with me. 

Basses to me are like Harry Potters wands, they find you. 

Yes, Your Yamaha looks nice and probably sound fine, too. I also love jazz bass and time passing by got a lot of versions, but there was a day i found something better for me - Ibanes GWB1005 5 string fretless and now i am in unsearch status.

GWB1005.JPG

Edited by nilorius
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

then again, I didn't go stock-car racing in the fields, either, so... -_-

Well you should do.... get yourself out of yourself as they used to say.. 

You could have a bash with one of them old Frog 2CV things for a laugh... I expect you can pick a rusty one up over your way for 85millon francs ( = 50 quid ? ) or something 👍

2 hours ago, nilorius said:

Yes, Your Yamaha looks nice and probably sound fine, too. I also love jazz bass and time passing by got a lot of versions, but there was a day i found something better for me - Ibanes GWB1005 5 string fretless and now i am in unsearch status.

GWB1005.JPG

Interesting that it's got the 3 mach heads on the bottom in the 3x2 arrangement

7 hours ago, Waddo Soqable said:

Well you should do.... get yourself out of yourself as they used to say.. 

You could have a bash with one of them old Frog 2CV things for a laugh... I expect you can pick a rusty one up over your way for 85millon francs ( = 50 quid ? ) or something 👍

I had one of them and before that a dyane. We used to wizz around the fields of the farm where I worked at the time. It used to go where the landrover couldn't. 

It just skimmed over the top of wet muddy gate openings.

Fabulous cars if only they didn't need welding every year or or two. Didn't have the money to buy a galvanised chassis for it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ralf1e said:

I had one of them and before that a dyane. We used to wizz around the fields of the farm where I worked at the time. It used to go where the landrover couldn't. 

Fabulous cars if only they didn't need welding every year or or two. Didn't have the money to buy a galvanised chassis for it.

I believe the 2CV was originally designed with French farmers and other very practical workaday use in mind. A mate has a kit car type thing that's apparently based on the guts of one. 

I've not seen a 2CV out in the wild for a very long time. 

8 hours ago, Waddo Soqable said:

I believe the 2CV was originally designed with French farmers and other very practical workaday use in mind. A mate has a kit car type thing that's apparently based on the guts of one. 

I've not seen a 2CV out in the wild for a very long time. 

Maybe one of these 

https://www.lomaxcars.co.uk/range/

11 hours ago, Ralf1e said:

Band tour bus heading for a gig in the local 'phone-box?

E05488A6-F8FE-4565-A612-552F2BB61CD3.jpeg

• Haha 1