Why become a member? ×

***** MOON JJ ***** !! SOLD SOLD SOLD !!

Apothem

For sale is my lovely Moon JJ Translucent Red, matching headstock, ash body, ebony board. She does not get the attention she deserves so she should move to a new home.

General condition is excellent: no buckle rash at all and the only swirls/signs are little and very superficial, really have to look at an angle under a certain light to see. On the edge of the headstock there are two little dings, but really nothing important. The neck is immaculate, not a sign on it and perfectly lacquered. All the hardware (gold) is also perfect, included (gold) straplocks.

Currently fitted with Haussel pickups (german, hand-wound single coils, not a snip at around £150) which give a very sweet sound, but the original Moon pickups will be included in order to provide the possibility for a truly all-original instrument. The preamp is the original Moon 2-EQ cut/boost with central indent (although I suspect it's a Bartolini re-packaged, like the overwhelming majority of Moon's stock preamps). Comes with the original Moon gigbag, also in great shape. Here are the piccies...

[attachment=24291:D62_08mo...J_240_OX.jpg] [attachment=24292:D62_08moon_2.jpg] [attachment=24293:D62_08moon_3.jpg] [attachment=24294:D62_08moon_4.jpg] [attachment=24295:D62_08moon_7.jpg][attachment=24296:D62_08moon_8.jpg] [attachment=24297:D62_08moon_11.jpg] [attachment=24298:D62_08moon_12.jpg] [attachment=24299:PICT0010.JPG]

Price is now £699 SHIPPED within mainland UK, down from £750 plus shipping, which I consider fair given the rarity and the conditions of the bass. I have something else very specific in mind so, please, no offers and no trades. I live south of Glasgow in case somebody wonders... :)

So here's the opportunity for fellow BCers to own something special. If no interest, it will be eBayed soon. I am willing to ship abroad by courier only (Royal Mail does not provide trackability abroad) and FULLY insured, although it may be VERY expensive.

Thanks for looking

NOW SOLD SOLD SOLD as of 15 May

Claudio

Edited by Apothem

Thanks for the comments guys, she's really sweet, but I have something else in mind now....

[quote name='Skactus' post='471787' date='Apr 24 2009, 07:17 PM']Claudio, do you have portuguese roots?[/quote]

Nope, I'm Italian, from Milan. Married a British lady and came up here, ten years down in Sussex and now three in Scotland.

Edited by Apothem

[quote name='Apothem' post='472355' date='Apr 25 2009, 06:54 PM']I'm Italian, from Milan. Married a British lady and came up here, ten years down in Sussex and now three in Scotland.[/quote]

I hear the Scottish food is better than Italian food and the weather is nicer too, right? :rolleyes: Just Kidding....

Like a French cook once said during a visit to England: "Fortunately they can't cook the landscape!" :)

[quote name='pieter' post='473133' date='Apr 27 2009, 09:17 AM']I hear the Scottish food is better than Italian food and the weather is nicer too, right? ;) Just Kidding....

Like a French cook once said during a visit to England: "Fortunately they can't cook the landscape!" :rolleyes:[/quote]

Tell me about it!! :) You see what a man does for love?? LOL :D ROFLMAO...

But the good news is: PRICE REDUCED TO £699 plus shipping.

[quote name='Apothem' post='473597' date='Apr 27 2009, 06:54 PM']Tell me about it!! :) You see what a man does for love?? LOL ;) ROFLMAO...

But the good news is: PRICE REDUCED TO £699 plus shipping.[/quote]

Good news.....!

O! La cucina scozzese è famosa per la sua alta qualità, no? :rolleyes: :D HAGGIS will take over!