Why become a member? ×

NBD Fender Boxer

Jellis78

Just took receipt of this from Bass Bros. Growing up on late 80s / early 90s rock my first bass was a Squier HM bass, pointy headstock PJ pickups.

I’ve got other “quality” basses: American Standard J and P, a selection of Thunderbirds, Spector, Rickenbackers and as much as I love them, this just feels and sounds right!! 

Great bass, love it.

D4B045F7-C9A3-4496-98C6-A365991E5B8E.jpeg

• Like 30

2 hours ago, Moving Pictures said:

I think you will really enjoy that bass. I have been quite taken with mine and it punches above its price point. 

Yep. Really good fun and just has the sound that I grew up with. Love the satin neck, also the way it sits on the strap. Not too heavy either.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jellis78 said:

Yep. Really good fun and just has the sound that I grew up with. Love the satin neck, also the way it sits on the strap. Not too heavy either.

It’s the first PJ I actually liked. For all the above reasons plus the jazz pickup is very well matched to the precision pickup. I never run the jazz pup full but use it to add spice. 

• Like 1

On 09/12/2022 at 21:15, Jellis78 said:

Are they very different from the Duff McKagan-era Jazz Bass Special (a name that always confused me given they’re not a jazz bass…)?

Either way it looks awesome!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bassbiscuits said:

Are they very different from the Duff McKagan-era Jazz Bass Special (a name that always confused me given they’re not a jazz bass…)?

Thanks! They are  a reissue of the Jazz Bass Special that Duff used and from what I’ve read they’re the same specs. Never played an original or a Duff so couldn’t say for sure though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bassbiscuits said:

Main difference to the Duff bass is that they have a satin neck rather than the black gloss.

• Like 2