Why become a member? ×

Top builders/luthiers in the UK?

Oomo

13 hours ago, JoeEvans said:

Brooklyn is one of the five boroughs of New York City. It's like saying you're based in London because you're based in Hackney.

I've only been to NYC twice a tourist, but the impression I get is that for people who don't live there NYC = Manhattan, and the other boroughs especially those that require crossing water to get to don't really count.

I'll stand by my analogy. Croydon is a borough of London and it's over the river from the part people who don't live there associate as the main bit of the city.

34 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

I've only been to NYC twice a tourist, but the impression I get is that for people who don't live there NYC = Manhattan, and the other boroughs especially those that require crossing water to get to don't really count.

I'll stand by my analogy. Croydon is a borough of London and it's over the river from the part people who don't live there associate as the main bit of the city.

London has the additional confusion of London and Greater London too.

Hello everyone!

Just read through this thread & i would mention RMI also, although Mark Ramsay is not UK based anymore. He has his own designs but is not afraid to experiment if a customer requests it.

I used to own an RMI Quantum Dominic Di Piazza Signature 6-string bass &, while i had it, the BTB846SC, AGBV205A, Swamp Ash Sire P7 5-string & Fame Baphomet were mostly gathering dust. I had to consciously force myself to play them every few days. I eventually had to sell everything off due to... uh... life... but i really recomment RMI... 

The best way to contact Mark Ramsay is through his Instagram https://instagram.com/mark.w.ramsay?igshid=MmU2YjMzNjRlOQ==

He has been doing more teaching & research these days, but he still builds basses if asked politely ;0))