Why become a member? ×

PLS HELP - practising bass quietly

Amy Smith

30 minutes ago, Sparky Mark said:

Good conversations between ourselves; Amy however hasn't been on here since her initial post it seems.

She reacted to a few of the initial replies so I’m guessing that she found her answer and off she went! 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

On 02/12/2022 at 22:32, Velarian said:

A couple of things come to mind. Firstly, what amp and headphones have you been using? When you say it sounds horrendous, why is that? Is it because it’s distorted, or perhaps not loud enough? It seems a bit odd that they don’t play nicely together but It could be an issue with the an impedance mismatch between the amp output and the headphones. Can you try borrowing some other headphones to see if that solves the issue? Alternatively, the jack plug adapter you’re using could be faulty, I’ve had a dodgy one before but a few quid could fix the problem if that’s the case. 

Secondly, you mention the Vox Amplug and worry that it’s battery powered. The batteries do actually last a reasonable time. However, the Amplug is a bit basic and limited in capability. They’re currently £38 on Amazon but for £58 you can get a Nu-X Mighty Plug which is like the Amplug on steroids. It’s rechargeable via USB and has built in effects and a good selection of drum loops. To get the most out of it it needs to be used with the accompanying free smartphone app which connects via Bluetooth to allow control all the settings and also stream backing tracks to play along to. Because the only cable is from the plug (in the bass) to the headphones, it allows you freedom to move around and not be tied to other devices on the floor. Good value IMHO.

As others have mentioned the Boss Waza Air is like the Rolls Royce of headphone systems but at around £350 a tad expensive. 

I have the Boss Waza  Air. It is good as headphones but keeps cutting out from the database using any of my 3 Android devices, hence it is the most expensive pair of headphones at £350 I have ever bought and not really good value when it doesn't do the job it was made and purchased for. If you have an I phone you may find it better as for me. I was very disappointed in Boss over this.

1 hour ago, Velarian said:

She reacted to a few of the initial replies so I’m guessing that she found her answer and off she went! 🤷‍♂️

Hopefully she's sat at home safe and warm and wood-shedding whilst we're left wasting time on here!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1