Why become a member? ×

FGN Basses, Any Love?

Chienmortbb

Never had an FGN but have owned many, many Fujigen Gakki - built basses & guitars. My current faviourite recording bass is my recently rediscovered Ibanez RS924 Roadster, which has the punchiest, best-balanced PJ growl of any bass I've ever played, and if I need a Strat my £70 car-boot E-serial MIJ Squier remains the go-to. B|

Apropos of nothing, Fujigen was the factory originally contracted to produce MIJ Fenders & Squiers when Fender Japan was established. Fender Japan was a collaboration between Kanda Shokai (owner of the Greco brand) and Yamano Gakki, and Fujigen was used because of the existing relationship with Kanda to produce Greco guitars - which were the instruments that sufficiently impressed FMIC to want to manufacture in Japan in the first place. The contract lasted until the mid 90s, after which most Japanese Fenders were made by Tokai Gakki & Dyna Gakki, labelled as CIJ to differentiate them from MIJ Fujigens.

Edited by Bassassin
  • Like 2