Why become a member? ×

Glockenklang Bass Art Classic Pre-Amp - reduced to 500 £ incl. shipping. Trade for 5 string possible - *SOLD*
£560
Denmark

Thomas P

Well, suppose I'm not quite like the rest :0)

Story is that I play Alembic basses, the Steinway of Bass, and wanted a rig that could process the transparency and tonal scale these instruments have, while still being flexible.

The Glockenklang is the center element which in principal only manages the overall level, and the routing of seriel and parallel effects, all connected to a Midi controller.

As the DN3600 is also Midi controlled, I've used it as the tone shapping device so I have had a number of reference sound, Clean, Fat, Funky, Fretless, Clean + Chorus, Fat+octaver, Fretless + Reverb etc. all by 

means of midicontrolling effects and equializer programs. 

The 504 is just a good compressor, and allowing you to link compressors. I used one channel as basic setting and channel two in series when needed to get a bit more compression say for Slap,

In addition, I build two speaker systems, each with a 15" and 12+6". Never liked tweeters but could in principal be added.

And to sum it up, driven by a pair of bridged Crown XLS 1500 which are resting in a pocket in the rear section of the 12/6" box.

Some may think I play ridiculosly loud, that's not the case. This is about transparency and horsepower to manage dynamics. In a car world it is similar to Torque over Horsepower.

All in all the outcome of curiosity, creativeness and available sparetime. All components bought used, so it's not like there an insane amount dumped into it. Right now resting in our basement as we currently rehearse

at a school which can't facilitate to store it.

10.jpg

12.jpg

Edited by Thomas P
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, three said:

Fabulous pre in a fabulous rig. I would love to hear this (and see the Alembics!)

Check the Europa. Sales section, bass side.

If money was not an object at this moment, I could have... but luckily I have one Soul.

E: Just when I had sent this, I thought about this pre built into a bass. Even Alembic would be light in sound and weight.

Edited by itu
  • Thanks 1

I suppose it's exactly what you get in a Helix or Kemper solution (don't know about others) in a somewhat smaller package :0)

Can't say if it sounds the same as I simply haven't tried such systems, but can see why some chose them for practicality reasons.

Never the less, the Glockenklang is just an extremely transparent pre-amp. Not sterile if your instrument isn't, just transparent. There is a difference.

And in good condition by the way, check the additonal photo's.

Edited by Thomas P
  • Like 1

• Thomas P changed the title to Sold - Pls. remove