Why become a member? ×

SWR SM1500 Amp head
£750
Newcastle upon Tyne

JPJ

So here it is, my SWR SM1500 for sale. The amp is in pristine condition having lived its entire life in the included shock mount flight case correctly supported by both the front and rear rack rails. 

What can I say about this amp other than it is one awesome piece of kit befitting of stadium sized gigs. Extensive feature set including:

1 - Gain

2 - Aural enhancer

3 - bass

4 - 2 x 3-band semi parametric mid range controls (foot-switchable selection of 1, 2, or 1+2 together)

5 - Effects blend

6 - Bass Intensifier with level and cut-off controls (again, foot-switchable)

7 -  Full four knob compressor (threshold, ratio, attack and release) with position switch allowing you to place compression pre or post EQ

8 - Boost control (again, foot-switchable)

9 - dual concentric master volumes for stereo, bi-amp (with adjustable crossover control), or bridged mode output

The amp will come in the flight case and with the original manual and four button foot switch. I should add that the flight case has been modified to include a top handle and corner mounted wheels to make this heavy beast a little easier to move around between van and stage.

The combined weight is significant with the amp weighing 30kg and the flight case probably adding another 10kgs so this will be collection only or possible meet halfway type delivery. It is quite simply the best amp I have owned (and I have owned a few) but with my advancing years, I wince at the thought of lifting this into/out of the car let alone carrying it any distance into a gig so she stays home, safe and sound in her case. 

Having said that, the price is firm as I am in no rush to sell. 

4DC21604-C3BB-43D3-8AF1-0C7538FED62E.jpeg

E0BF18BE-F433-4322-BC30-9EF1BBF0F041.jpeg

CF5D3C19-6CB2-4456-B1B6-C6BA9BA859D9.jpeg

8712B588-0672-40FB-8748-9D26A004A637.jpeg

D05E0089-CD3A-4F95-BB16-ED50A5431C53.jpeg

635BBE8A-9D3C-40BB-A6C8-E6D92BD2A125.jpeg

• Like 13

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I’m guessing there is no love for proper old school tone monster amps. So last bump before I withdraw her, and keep her warm and safe in her beautiful flight case for all eternity. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/05/2023 at 21:02, JPJ said:

So I’m guessing there is no love for proper old school tone monster amps. So last bump before I withdraw her, and keep her warm and safe in her beautiful flight case for all eternity. 

Lots of love, just no money or room fir such a glorious beast.