Why become a member? ×

NBD - Yamaha BB 1025

BigJHW

For the 5 mins that i've played it through the cheap o Thomann practice amp i have at home - all i can say is WOW

Get to put it to the real test tomorrow at the studio though the Barefaced 212T and Eich powerhouse T-900

Cant wait !!!  (image from The Bass Gallery website as i don't have a suitable place / lighting to do it justice at home)

image.thumb.png.65856a798a42677e1d90c9b2b88893fa.png

• Like 13

Ok, got it to the studio Saturday evening to push it through the T-900 and BF 212T and all i can say is WOW

i've never had to wind Treble off on a bass head before but this thing sure has some top end to it - don't get me wrong it's kinda awesome i was just shocked at the topendyness of the passive bass.

1/3 of the tone rolled off and treble cut 25% on the bass head and WOW this thing sings and growls like a proper bass should.

it's in dire need of a setup as i am getting fret buzz on the A/D/G strings but the setup outta the shop is super low and that's not ideal for my sausagefinger style of playing.

Regardless i'm gonna be gigging it at our next gig 

why haven't i had a BB bass in my life before now !!! ah well lessons have been learnt

• Like 4

On 14/11/2022 at 09:18, BigJHW said:

Ok, got it to the studio Saturday evening to push it through the T-900 and BF 212T and all i can say is WOW

i've never had to wind Treble off on a bass head before but this thing sure has some top end to it - don't get me wrong it's kinda awesome i was just shocked at the topendyness of the passive bass.

1/3 of the tone rolled off and treble cut 25% on the bass head and WOW this thing sings and growls like a proper bass should.

it's in dire need of a setup as i am getting fret buzz on the A/D/G strings but the setup outta the shop is super low and that's not ideal for my sausagefinger style of playing.

Regardless i'm gonna be gigging it at our next gig 

why haven't i had a BB bass in my life before now !!! ah well lessons have been learnt

Told ya! 😁

They are fantastic basses aren't they. 🙂👍