Why become a member? ×

NBD - Yamaha Attitude Special

ead

Just picked this up from EvilBay (from a guy who turned out to be a real star and definitely a seller I would buy from again of anything turned up that interested me).  I have been wanting to own one of these for a while but always seem to either miss out or not have the funds at the moment when they appear.

This one was originally Sea Foam Green but was re-finished by the owner in Lava Red.  He has had it from new so I am in effect the second owner.  Overall in great condition for a bass that has been used regularly over it's life.  At some point it might need a new harness but everything else seems spot on.

Will do some better pics in due course.

IMG_20221110_072115.thumb.jpg.54f324a4b488dfce4ea41557aa77b45b.jpg

Edited by ead
  • Like 10

58 minutes ago, karlfer said:

Fantastic basses, I was going to have a go at that one but the refin stopped me Alain.

Enjoy, very jealous 😁

Unlike you, I have no shame Karl.  The refin is actually better than described in the listing.  It is starting to rub off in places but I'm not particularly bothered about that.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Very nice ead, how does the neck feel on your one , I tried the attitude ll and it was too chunky for me 

I think the full fat Attitudes have a chunkier neck.  This one doesn't feel greatly different to the neck on my Sandberg TT.  Pretty slim basically, not quite Jazz bass but pretty close.

• Thanks 1

40mm nut & slimmer back to front compared to the 44 mm Attitude LTD.

Alain, Richie Thomson in Wigan has a sratchplate template for one of these, he did a fabulous brown tortie for me some years ago. Just in case 🙂  edit, I forgot, I sprayed the woofer cover black.

Edited by karlfer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, karlfer said:

Alain, Richie Thomson in Wigan has a sratchplate template for one of these, he did a fabulous brown tortie for me some years ago. Just in case 🙂  edit, I forgot, I sprayed the woofer cover black.

Thanks Karl, good to know.  Black might look cool on this particular bass.

1 hour ago, karlfer said:

Regarding harness if you do replace it, it might be worth considering a stack pot for the P pup.

With it being woofer vol tone, but only volume for the P I always felt I was missing bit of potential on mine (stupidly long gone).

It's a thought isn't it.  Still messing around with control combinations.  I've noticed that the impact of the tone on the mudbucker seems more limited compared to say a P bass tone control.  How did you run the settings?