Why become a member? ×

NBD Sire U5

dieseldalziel

So I've been looking for a short scale bass for my son as a deserved "upgrade" from his Ibanez Mikro, he's been putting the time and effort in and showing progress and real enjoyment from playing.

The Sire u5 seem to be on pre-order everywhere so I've been checking daily on various sites for a second hand one, specifically I was after the tobacco burst colour way.

11pm on Thursday I spot one on Facebook marketplace, turns out it's in the same County but not close, I asked if their was a way of getting it to me and by sheer coincidence they were planning on seeing friends in the town I live in on Sunday...but they would want a deposit as they'd had a lot of interest..I took the gamble & paid £100 through PayPal..

Had a couple of long days wondering if it was too good to be true but 3pm on Sunday met a lovely couple, the husband was the bassist looking to buy something else & selling the Sire, in immaculate condition. Very happy!😊

20221107_162737.jpg

20221107_183237.jpg

20221107_183316.jpg

20221107_183300.jpg

20221107_162803.jpg

20221107_162716.jpg

• Like 19

Gorgeous little thing & a total bargain, I have a V7 fretless & it's a superb bass.

I do have a bit of short-curious GAS & a U5 is high on my (very theoretical!) list - I can tell you there's a blue one for sale on BC at the moment for a LOT more than you paid for that...

2 hours ago, Bassassin said:

Gorgeous little thing & a total bargain, I have a V7 fretless & it's a superb bass.

I do have a bit of short-curious GAS & a U5 is high on my (very theoretical!) list - I can tell you there's a blue one for sale on BC at the moment for a LOT more than you paid for that...

It's really is a lovely instrument...and just to be clear the £100 was just a deposit to show my commitment to buying it, I paid £345 which is well worth it in the condition it is and to my door!

On 08/11/2022 at 07:22, grayn said:

Good score and a nice finish.

Looking at the pics, does it have a narrow body or a wide fretboard?

The body is scaled down but not too much so I suppose the fretboard looks a bit wider but maybe the angle of the photos...it feels lovely 

Edited by dieseldalziel

4 hours ago, dieseldalziel said:

It's really is a lovely instrument...and just to be clear the £100 was just a deposit to show my commitment to buying it, I paid £345 which is well worth it in the condition it is and to my door!

TBH that's a bit fairer on the seller, you'd be robbing him at £100!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...