Why become a member? ×

More help please!

SamIAm

My Proteus device will be (I hope) the ultimate bass multi f/x unit ever.

With it's web and stomp interface it will be simple to configure, but I must  ensure that those with pedal f/x unit skills are addressed.

Could you please send me pix of your favorite pedals and a description/weblink as to what they actually do?  (So many multil f/x units have inadaquate descriptions of how to tweak/configure the f/x!)

S'manth xx

I use a Line 6 Helix LT. It does just about everything - and if you can't work out how to get the sound you want, hook it up to a computer and you can download millions of patches. I've now got a very passable Bootsy distorted mutron sound, and a bi-amped Royal Blood noise as well. It also gives me the excuse of asking a sound man at a gig for 2 channels - one for the bass sound and one for the octaved up guitar autowah screaming thing...

• Like 2

Here's the Helix...

https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/line-6-helix-lt

Not cheap, but it's incredibly versatile; there's about 5 different Ampeg amp sims, plus GK, Aguilar, Mesa etc. Then there's lots of cabs - you can add guitar amps as well, then there's loads of distortions, overdrives, modulation fx, octavers, synths, compressors, wah and eqs which you can put in any order to create almost any sound.

I bought mine 2nd hand off ebay for £750 - as new and in a flightcase. I haven't used my old pedalboard since - this is so much easier and better. And no annoying hums! And the tuner is about the best I've used.